Prolouge

Wilbur POV

Things always start when you least expect them to. Searching for adventure doesn't always bring it to you. Adventure comes to those who try to push it away. Tommy wanted adventure, I did not. Phil married for love, I did not. Techno wanted the throne, I did not. We never seem to get what we want, do we? But alas you cannot start a story in the ending, so sit back. Relax, enjoy the show, and let me start at the beginning.

{<~>}

"Good morning, my prince," I was awoken from my very peaceful sleep by an all to familiar blond. It's one of the few things I know about his appearance. A friendly, well known mask laid upon his face. "Your father requests your presence for breakfast."

"I want to sleep," I said dragging out the e while throwing a pillow at him. I turned in my bed and put my other pillow over my head. He then proceeded to pull me out of my covers and onto the floor. "No, Dreamy, my covers."

"Get up, my prince," Dream replied. "You have fifteen minutes until the king wants you in the dining room."

"Why are you being so formal?" I whined. "And besides it's just breakfast, if I was really needed Ranboo, Sapnap, George, and I guess you would all be here. But I just see you, so I would love to sleep now."

"One, I'm just trying this new thing called doing my job," he replies sarcastically. "You should try it some time, Soot."

"Soot? Soot?" I asked, feigning offense. "No first name? This is even worse then my prince. I thought we were friends, Dreamy."

"You are aware it's Dream right?" He wheezed.

"Not to me," I laughed, standing up as he handed me my clothes for the day. "You are Sir Dreamy, My knight."

"You're an Imbecile." He rolled his eyes

"You know I could get you arrested for that," I laughed. "I am a prince after all."

"A prince whos father might kill him if he's not in the dining room in ten minutes."

"You're no fun." I griped, holding out the last word.

"I'm not meant to be fun, idiot," He wheezed again. "I've payed out your clothing for the day. It's your yellow shirt, and pants, the formal ones."

I got off the floor I was so rudely pulled onto with a groan. I went behind my changing curtain and changed, clearly. I got changed very quickly and stepped out.

"Catch," Dream said, throwing me a bagel. "I know you don't like the Thursday breakfasts. I mean who doesn't like eggs? They're eggs?"

"Thanks," I laughed, taking a bite. "And I just don't like the eggs. Niki is a great baker, and bad too don't get me wrong, but I'm not one for eggs."

"You're such a weirdo," He laughed, motioning for the door. "C'mon, It's time to eat."

"I'm coming," I laughed. "I'm coming."

We walked down the hall, Stopping to talk to some of the guards along the way. Mostly just friendly nods and smiles, but a few conversations.

"Morning, Sapnap," I said. "I trust you slept well."

"Like he slept at all," Dream wheezed. "He was up all night talking to Karl and Quackity."