A runaway?

Wilbur POV

"I wish you could've met him, Dreamy," I laughed. "He's everything I could ever want. He's...he's perfect. Ionly wish he stayed longer."

"I am sure he wished he could've stayed longer as well, your highness," Dream said, tossing me a bagel, as I walked back from the changing curtain. "He's probably regretting leaving so soon and I'm sure he wished to wake up next to you as well."

"I know, but I remember him saying he was not an early riser and had quite a few alarm clocks to wake him up when we were at the cafe," I collapsed onto my bed, motioning for him to sit down next to me. "I guess I'm just wondering why he couldn't sleep."

"Wilbur, if you think you put him off, do not worry," the masked man gestured. "You know that the fact that you invited him here should be enough."

"Should be." I said, grabbing and clutching a pillow in front of my chest.

"Is the fact he came even after not liking the castle not good enough?" He grabbed the pillow from me and put it to the side. I swear if it weren't for the mask I would see him rolling his eyes as I whined for my pillow back.

"Well of course, and I would never push him to stay longer than he felt comfortable with, but I did look forward to waking up next to him," I sighed. "I don't know, I...I guess I just wanted something to look forward to when I woke up."

"Is there truly nothing else you have to look forward to?" My knight asked, sounding astounded.

"It's just...it's just not the same Dreamy." I muttered.

"What do you mean by that?" He questioned once more.

"He was new, he was something—someone—new," I replied hopelessly. "I...I just....I..."

"Hmm?" He moved over so that he had a better view of me, his mask tilting slightly to the side so I could see his Jaw. He instinctively went to fix it but seeing that little bit of him made my cheeks burn slightly.

"XD, Dreamy..." I sighed out, moving past the little bit of my knight I saw, and refocusing on Clay. "You have no idea how much I just want to go up to him," I sighed. "Tell him how I feel, tell him that it will be okay, we will be okay, to tell him that—To tell him..."

"To tell him what, Wil?" He asked softly, holding his breath.

"I shouldn't say." I closed my eyes, preventing the tears in them from weeping out.

"But you want to, you know you can trust me, right?" His voice broke.

"It's not that," I said, all too quickly. "...it's just..."

"Just what, Wil?" He asked again, softly, as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it to comfort me.

"I want to run away with him," I finally admitted. "I want to leave behind everything if it means that I can be with him. I would give almost anything in the world to know that I could wake up next to him day after day."

Dream was quiet for a long time, as if lost in thought. It was times like these when I wish he didn't wear a mask because then I could see what he was actually thinking, but alas, my wishes didn't change anything.