A morning

Wilbur POV

It was too early to be up, I could tell that much, but then again, wasn't it always?

My eyes still burned slightly from running them dry from all the tears, but when I felt an unusual but entirely all too familiar weight on my chest I smiled. It was a stupid and sloppy grin only a lovesick fool would have, I knew that much, but finally it felt right.

"Hey." Dream mumbled, curling into me softly, and adjusting his mask.

"Hey sunshine, how'd you sleep?" I wrapped my arms around him.

"Better than I have in a long time," He said. "What about you?"

"The best sleep I have ever had."

"Good, because you really are very comfy." He curled into me more, treating me as if I was no more than his pillow."

"Oh am I now?" I laughed, but felt a pain inside me as he moved to get up. "Then why are you leaving?"

"Wilbur!" He laughed as I pulled him back into me. "I have to leave, Sapnap and George are gonna be suspicious."

"Must suck to be them then." I tried to go back to sleep, holding him hostage on my chest. He was by far my favorite blanket.

"Wilbur, I'll see you in just over an hour, you'll survive," he laughed, and I could almost feel him rolling his eyes. "Get some more rest, you have a long day today."

"I'll miss you." I frowned but he just ignored my 'puppy dog eyes.'

"You're so corny, you know that?" He threw one of the throw pillows that had been cast to my floor.

"Maybe just a little." I admitted.

"I'll see you soon, your highness." He laughed, shutting the door behind him.

"I can't wait, Dreamy." I sighed, smiling as I collapsed onto my bed.

Timeskip brought to you by the bunny on the shelf of your grandmother's house. (If she doesn't have one, are you sure she's qualified to be a grandma?)

"Wilbur?" I was shaken awake. Now it felt normal.  "It's been 45 minutes, why are you already back to bed?"

"You said to rest!" I smiled.

"Yeah, like reading a book!" Dream said.

"You weren't very specific." I joked.

"Whatever, Just get changed," he tossed me my clothes for the day. As I started to reach for my shirt and lift it up I felt him turn away in embarrassment. "Behind the curtain!"

"Okay oka," I laughed while walking behind it. Once I was done I tried to speak multiple times but couldn't get the words out just right.  "Dream, how long have we known each other?"

"It's been years," he laughed, before turning seeing my more serious face. "I don't know, a while."

"And in all that time I have never once asked for you to take off your mask, but please, let me see you...let me kiss you. Please."

"Wilbur I'm your knight...it...it isn't right." He stumbled out, caught off guard.

"Neither was last night," I reminded him. "You've spent almost your entire life being my knight, why don't you take a day off? Please."

"Close your eyes Wilbur." I did as I was told, I heard rustling and a clicking sound. I felt him take my hand in his, guiding it up to his cheek. I felt him lean into my touch, and I put my forehead to his, we were nose to nose, merely inches apart.