A friend

Wilbur POV

"Hey, Wil, get up." I heard Dream say, softly, ushering me out of bed. I flickered my eyes opened and shut them again, hiding my face with a pillow.

"Can't I just stay in bed all day?" I groaned. "Just one day?"

"Oh but here I thought you'd want to go out into the village and see your precious Clay." He mocked.

"Ranboo is letting me go out to the village today?" I shot up.

"Due to what happened with Prince Tommy, Ranboo has a proposal." He said. Cause that gave me all the information.

"Which is?" I questioned further.

"He can explain it far better than I, he wants to meet in the throne room, your highness." He laughed, using the title I loathed so much b

"I'm on my way." I started for the door.

"You need to change first." He called before I could open it.

"Yes, yes," I laughed, coming back towards the closet. "Clothes are important."

I changed quickly, Dream tossing me a bagel so I wouldn't waste time with breakfast, and we started down the halls. I still nodded and smiled at everyone but I didn't stop and chat. Curiosity got the bette of me.

"Ranboo?" I asked, upon our arrival. "Dream tells me you have a proposal?"

"Well as you know Tommy—Prince Tommy—"

"Ranboo, you and Tubbo both can call him Tommy, he wasn't your prince, he's was your friend and that is worth so much more." I corrected him.

"Thank you your highness," he said, beaming. "As I was saying, Tommy didn't like to work, he would help out where he could but he wished people didn't have to work."

"And?" I questioned even more.

"I think to celebrate his life, just the fact that he lived at all, we release everyone from working just for one day," he said, more timidly. "Those that do can get paid extra from the castle, we have the money to spare, and those who need something can come to the castle so we can fix it."

"So I'll be at the castle all day?" I said, trying to hide my disappointment. I did not do a good job.

"No," Tubbo said, speaking up. He looked at his husband for permission to continued and ranboo nodded. "We all know this has been hardest on you and so with your permission, I think that others can stay and help. Those that have volunteered to continue working have been me, Ranboo, Dream, Sapnap, and 404. Me, Dream and Ranboo will stay here to help those who may come to the castle. Sapnap and 404 would be your escorts so you may go out to town."

"Thank you, Ranboo," I started. "Thank you Tubbo. Thank you everyone."

"Of course, your highness." Rambo smiled.

"When can I leave?" I asked.

"As soon as you want." He gestures to the guards.

"Great, Sapnap?" I asked. "404? Are you ready?"

"Have fun, your highness." Tubbo called after me.

"You too, and really, just thank you." I said, practically running out of the castle. Maybe it wasn't very kingly, but I was still just a kid after all.

"Hey Wil!" Clay waved, as we got closer. The declaration had already been made, but many people decided to work anyways, and hang out with there friends. The markets were still open and busier than normal. "Over here!"