A descision

Wilbur POV
"I think Tommy wrote a note."

"A note?" Dream asked. "But that would mean he knew something was going to happen...?"

"Why would he...why would...I thought that he had—but no—they can't...no." I stumbled over my words in shock. Tommy couldn't have know anything, he wouldn't have let himself die. He wouldn't have willingly left me alone.

"Hey, hey," Dream said softly. "Hey, it's okay. It's okay. It'll be fine, everything will be fine. Shhh, shhh, trust me. Trust me, you'll be okay. Everything will be okay."

"Can you..." I trailed off. "Can you read it to me?"

I knew I shouldn't have asked. Dream shouldn't have had to get involved. It wasn't his fault. It was his family, and yet here I was, crying, broken on the floor.

Part of me expected him to say no, part of me expected him to get mad. I thought he would yell at me for going against his path as a guard or just kindly say no. Think that he was stepping over the line.

"Ye—Yeah," he smiled . "Of course, Wil. I'm alway here."

"Thank—Thank you." I wiped my eyes.

"Hey Wil,
I'm gonna assume this is you reading this." He started to read. "No one else would look here, but I know it has more meaning to you and I then it does to others. I'm just gonna skip the formalities, we both know I'm not a fan—even less so than you.
That however is not the only reason I know it's you. Phil and Techno are asleep like me, aren't they? Don't worry Tubbo, Ranboo, and me have a plan. Im sure it will work, trust me. We have multiple, they can wake us up and then Prince Clayton won't get hurt. Tubbo can have his family again.
If you're just finding out about Tubbos involvement in this poisoning mess, just know that it wasn't him. He told me when he got that letter, it was my idea for him to get the poison. He thought we were just working on a cure for this suffering from it, but before dinner I put it over the food. I knew you would survive, Wilbur.
If something does go wrong and I end up dying, do know that I'm sorry. Don't take it out on Tubbo, he's all you'll have left of me. If this poison is stronger than we are, I'm sorry, but I truly think this will work.
We all have our parts to play. Achilles, Icarus and Thesis. We may finally have found Achilles heal, I may end up a tragedy, but heed my warning (look I used a fancy word, Wil. Okay fine. Techno practically wrote this part. He knows, I'm sorry. But he has faith in you and in me)
Don't fly to close to the sun.

You can't get rid of me this easily,
Tommy."

"He knew?" I asked. "He fucking knew and let his family—he left his family. He left me."

"Wil—" Dream tried.

"No...Nonononono," I whispered. "No he wouldn't have left me. He wouldn't have...no, he loved us. He wouldn't have poisoned us."

"Wilbur..." Dream trailed off.

"I—Tubbo lied," I mumbled. "He said he poisoned them...I have to go see him."

"Of course, lead the way, your highness." Dream said, back to the formalities.

We walked down the halls quickly. The people in the halls rushed out of my way. I was hurt, confused, and angry. They didn't want to cross me, and for good reason too.

I finally got into the prison. Dream stood in the corner, clearly trying not to be seen. Tubbo looked up at me, he tried to look malicious but he was clearly terrified. He put in a good show, though.

"What the hell is this?" I asked throwing Tommy's note at him. I watched as he skimmed through it, his eyes growing in fear.

"He's lying," Tubbo said, a fake confidence and fierceness in his voice, although his eyes still held terror. He was still a scared kid, locked in a jail cell for protecting his friend. For protecting my brother. "It's not true."