13: Relieved

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The darkness makes you a little afraid when someone is there to comfort you but it terrifies you when you're lonely. That's what happened to the brunet.

He never felt this much terrified in his life as he felt that moment when his eyes started to fall deep into the darkness. Waves of flashes were playing in his mind, some bitter, some sweet, and some sour.

Since his childhood, everyone left him one by one, leaving him by himself to fight his own fears.

The intense smell of gas was just at its peak and he was so sure that at any moment, the whole house might explode, burning every inch of the place he was staying at since his childhood.

Just when he thought that he was taking the last breaths of his life, as no one was there to help him, the door opened as someone cursed something loudly before rushing here and there.

Taehyung could hear the rushing steps and loud curses but his vision was too hazy and his body too exhausted to see the person.

Am I saved?

A simple question was swirling in his mind but he couldn't voice it out until a soft pat was delivered on his cheek.

"Hey! Open your eyes!" The voice was kind of familiar yet distant. He could feel the soft touches as something was wrapped around his bleeding head and his body was picked up by two arms.

"Stay awake! Stay awake!" The voice repeated and he felt the need to see the person who was desperately trying to save his life, the same life others were eager to end.

The small slits of his eyes slightly widened when the hazy image of his savior cleared a bit after blinking many times.

"Thank God. Stay awake, yeah? The ambulance is on the way. Just a bit more, Mr. Kim." Hearing the word, he felt mixed emotions swarming inside his whole body.

The next few minutes were hazy as he heard the ambulance sirens but he lost his senses before he was placed inside the vehicle.

________

"I don't know, ok? I-"

"I'm sorry, ok!" Taehyung groaned as the voice got a bit louder.

"I'll talk to you later." The voice said and soon, a warm hand was placed over the brunet's little exposed forehead as the rest was wrapped up with a bandage.

"Are you awake?" Taehyung tried to open his eyes and when he did, he was again surprised to see the face, hovering over him, concern laced over his face.

"Can you hear me?" Taehyung just kept on staring at the other who frowned at the lack of response.

"Mr. Kim? Gosh, don't tell me you lost your memory." The other gasped, taking a more closer look by leaning forward but the brunet finally got a bit of courage and pushed him back.

"Why are- you here?" He asked instead, making the raventte stare back at him with a blank face for a while before shrugging his shoulders.

Taehyung's eyes followed as the other pressed the red button beside the bed, and that's when he noticed that he was in a hospital.

"I ask- asked something." He again choked on his dry throat and the other silently poured the water into the glass before coming back to his previous position.

"Drink some water first." Jungkook softly said, pressing the tip of the straw near the other's lips who just stared at him with unknown emotions.