Chapter 3: An old friend of the family

As seconds passed, the first sense of shock in Ahsoka's mind was replaced with surprise and a bit of joy, which was clearly showed by the change of her facial expression from one of disbelief to a timid smile.

Eventually, the Togruta offered a hand and simply said. "Nice to meet you Luke."

The new Jedi hesitated for a moment, but then he shook it, though his mind was still trying to figure what he felt in front of that alien lady that could provide a link with his father, other than Ben.

"Nice to meet you." he replied before they unclasped hands. "You...you really knew my father?" he asked, unable to hold himself back.

Ahsoka lowered her head, with a mix of painful and fond memories coming to her mind. Then she looked back at Luke. "Yes. Your father was a great friend...a pity I wasn't one for him as well." she concluded rather sadly.

"What do you mean?" Luke asked in confusion, which had Ahsoka coming up with a question in her mind.

The Togruta turned her and the siblings around and whispered said question.

"Does he know the truth about Anakin?"

The siblings grimaced. "Not yet, but I guess this gives us the opportunity to finally explain this." Ezra replied in tone.

"I agree." said Jaral. "We've postponed long enough. We'll tell him this evening with all the necessary caution."

The three Force-wielders thus made an almost imperceptible nod and turned again toward the rest of the people in the room.

"Let's have a proper reunion when we will be back home." Jaral invited. "For now, we need to know everything you've discovered on the World Between Worlds."

Ahsoka crossed her arms on her chest. "Not much more than what Ezra already witnessed when he saved me. It is a gateway between dimensions of space and time. It's honestly hard to describe, but whatever it is I'm sure it was created by the Mortis Gods."

"Who?" Ezra asked.

"I'll explain it later. For now, the focal point is that this World is a tool of great power. We can't let the Emperor have it, and honestly, I'm not even sure anybody should tamper with it, even us."

"Hey, we might have destroyed the Death Star, but we still need every possible advantage." Jaral objected.

Ahsoka, though, kept her composure as she replied sternly. "No, Jaral. Even with every good intention, this World can alter the flow of time. Me standing right here is a testament to that. It might throw the universe into chaos."

Her eyes clearly said that she really meant every single one of those letters.

"So what do you propose?" Ezra asked.

The Togruta gave a quick look toward the former Inquisitor. "I already asked Nimbus to help me. We'll keep looking for other portals and make sure the Emperor will not be able to get his hands on them."

"Can we help you in any way?"

"For now, keep fighting. The more you tie down the Empire's resources, the better. If I'm gonna need some more lightsabers, I'll make sure to contact you."

"We could turn to the Federation." Jaral suggested. "Their psionics have very unique abilities coming from the Force, I'm sure they would be glad to help in this quest."

"Psionics?" Ahsoka asked.

Ezra sighed. "Yeah, you really have a lot to catch up with."

Ahsoka chuckled. "Can you blame me?"