Chapter 17: Struggle for Pantora

June 6.

Much like Ezra had hoped, the holocron revealed that there was a secret hyperspace route that would allow the Amerigo to cut right through the final trail of the Llanic Spice Run and head straight to Pantora. Or to be more precise, they were directed toward Orto Plutonia, the frozen moon of the Pantora system, where apparently the rebel faction of the homeworld had set up their main base with the help of the local species.

After being allowed to pass three different jump points controlled by the rebels, the crew of the Amerigo reached the frozen planet. A small fleet of pantoran ships was protecting it, mainly frigates and corvettes around a single line cruiser. After receiving permission to head for the surface, Ezra collected Luke, Leia and Rex. The latter two because they knew former Senator Chuchi and the Jedi wanted to approach her with familiar faces. On behalf of the Imperial Federation, Captain Riccardi asked Ezra to bring Saori, whose training in the Ordo Quaeris also included advanced diplomacy. Ezra gladly accepted the request.

After putting on some heavy clothes, or in Rex and Gozo's case some environmental regulators in their battle gear, the group mounted on a Pelican and headed for the surface

"So, you two have already met Chuchi?" Ezra asked to Leia and Rex.

"First time was on this same frozen rock." the old clone said. "She prevented escalating a war between the Pantorans and the Talz."

"She's an ardent believer in democracy." Leia added after Rex. "I think she will do anything to restore the values of the old Republic to Pantora."

"A promising start. What do we know about the situation on Pantora?"

"Ever since the rise of the Empire, the planet has been divided into three factions

"Ever since the rise of the Empire, the planet has been divided into three factions. The Appeasers, the Republicans and the Expansionists. Now, the third one was a very small minority and has been rooted out for years by now. As for the rest, the Appeasers believe in an integration of Pantora inside the Empire, while the Republicans believe that the Empire stands for values incompatible with their people's culture. Chuchi has been a figurehead of the latter for a long time, but since the Emperor dissolved the Senate, she has returned to Pantora."