Chapter 14: Celebrations and Fireworks

April 22.

"Entering the Ryloth system. Thorsten, make sure the cloaking is operative." Ezra ordered to one N7.

"Yes, General." the man replied as he configured the console on the side of the cockpit.

The co-pilot seat was occupied by Master Gozo, who was instead sending a beacon to the Amerigo to keep a line of communication even with the predicted imperial jamming. Aside from them, the N7 team also counted a Turian 'Havoc' saboteur, Servius. In the cargo hold, a squad of 4 New Republic Rangers, named 'Squad G', was awaiting deployment.

"Message from the Amerigo." Gozo said the moment they left hyperspace and entered the Ryloth system. "They traced our route, but they're waiting for the Falcon to return."

"Oh. Were they successful?" Ezra asked.

"They didn't report any casualty, so I think we can stay positive."

"Let's make sure to keep the good news coming in. Engage the cloaking device. Hide our signature."

"Yes, sir." Thorsten replied and engaged the device as the Silver Bullet sped toward Ryloth, which wasn't actually that far, being the last planet of the system.

"Jinx, give me a scan. What are we dealing with?"

The AI connected to the ship's sensors and replied after a few seconds. "There is a total of 20 imperial warships orbiting the livable ring of Ryloth. A single Star Destroyer and minor escort ships."

"Just that?" Servius asked. "So it is true that the Empire is stretched thin."

"Let's not assume anything, Lieutenant." Ezra said calmly. "They might have reinforcements just waiting in the next system. For now, prepare for the descent."

The Gauntlet carefully flew through the imperial blockade, passing over the 'Bright Lands', the side of Ryloth stuck toward the local star, and headed for the habitable lands of the planet, following the coordinate they had been given by the Twi'leks and the local republican forces who had been assisting the local movement since Jaral became Grand Marshall. With the necessary degree of caution, Ezra managed to avoid a TIE patrol and eventually reached the canyon where they were supposed to meet up with their contacts.

"Jinx, take command of the ship. Be ready to bail out just in case. Everybody else, let's move."

"Right behind you, General." Thorsten dutifully replied.

Both squads gathered behind the Jedi, who materialized his armor and his lightsaber at the belt and walked out of the ramp. In front of them there was nothing but rocks and sand, but Ezra knew better even without looking at the sensors of his helmet. He raised a fist to order a halt, and shortly after, a group of Twi'leks and two soldiers of the former Rebel Militia. The former were wearing old clone armors and even clone weapons stolen after the rise of the Empire. The one who seemed their leader, though, came out unarmed and made a polite bow in front of Ezra.

"Master Bridger. Welcome to Ryloth. I am Sauchii, at your service."