Chapter 8: Chase on Bothawui

After getting clearance for parking into one of the minor spaceports of the capital, the Falcon touched down. Since Bothawui was a planet that prospered with free trade, all the rebels practically had to do was registering the ship, without even having her inspected, something for which Han was more than happy about.

Then they gathered around the dejarik table and projected the holomap of the city.

"The strongest imperial presence would be here." Kallus said, indicating a building that had a square perimeter to separate it from the rest of the buildings. "The Imperial Consulate. They send out patrols regularly, but the people sent here are political proteges, it will be easy to slip past them."

Ezra lightened up his omni-tool and inserted a code into it. "Jinx, localize the meeting point with our contact." he ordered.

"Calculating." the AI replied, before highlighting a tavern on the map.

The group analyzed the map and decided the route.

"Han, Leia, you guys stay here and be ready to hightail out of here." Ezra said at the end.

"Let me come with you." Leia asked, but Ezra shook his head.

"I need you to listen to imperial chatter and inform us whether there are movements on the streets. Here..." he said as lifted his arm again to set a command on the omni-tool. "Now we have a safe line." he concluded as Leia's tool illuminated as well.

"All right, then. Have fun." Leia concluded in a slightly sarcastic tone, before turning around and going to sit at the console of the Falcon, where R2 also went to plug in.

Ezra motioned his two friends to follow him and they walked outside of the room.

"She didn't look happy." Luke commented.

"Leia is not the type to just wait around." Ezra said calmly. "But she has a hell of a bounty on her head, I don't want to risk someone recognizing her if our holograms disappear."

"Speaking of which, we better switch them on." Kallus suggested.

Agreeing with the idea, the three men lightened up their orange devices and activated the command. Soon enough, they took the faces of three anonymous humans, and since they already changed their clothes, there was a good chance they could walk undisturbed. Thus, they walked down the access ramp and headed out.

After leaving the spaceport, they were immersed into the bustling streets of the bothan city, with its unique architecture and crowded squares. Bothans were the majority of the population, of course, but the planet was an important junction in the region, so it was easy to spot humans and tons of different species.

Wearing capes to hide mostly their weapons, the three men headed as quickly as they could toward the meeting at the tavern. As Kallus anticipated, along the entire trip they only crossed a patrol of 6 Army troopers of the Empire and easily slipped past them before reaching the tavern.

 As Kallus anticipated, along the entire trip they only crossed a patrol of 6 Army troopers of the Empire and easily slipped past them before reaching the tavern