Chapter 28: Imperial Hammer

November 20.

The shuttle landed into the hangar, where instead Cody and his battalion were preparing for the drop. Iulius had the time to stop by and speak to them while they were all aligned and ready to mount on the dropships.

"Gentlemen. I have already stressed the importance of the upcoming battle so many times that I don't intend to annoy you anymore. All I have to say for today...is good luck. To all of us."

At unison, the soldiers clacked their heels, put the rifles on the left shoulder so they could salute with the right, including Cody. Every single one of them was aware that they were about to take part in a historical event. They were all terrorized, as everybody who was going to throw themselves into the fray.

The only person that was driving them to go hell and back was their Grand Admiral. Their young commander who had risked his life fighting beside them for months. The Grand Admiral who time and again had defied common sense and led them to victories that shouldn't have been possible. That Grand Admiral whose spark was capable of pushing them beyond their limits time and time again, who made them believe in his own dream for the future.

Iulius somehow knew that, and his resolve was boosted to the extreme. He clacked his heel as well and made a stern salute before heading toward the bridge with Qathora.

As he passed the corridors, every single crewman and officer stepped aside to let him pass and to give him the salute. While there were no words spoken, the atmosphere was clearly palpable. The sentiments were the same expressed by the troopers and Iulius intended to return them in full. Everyone was ready to give their lives in what promised to be the battle that might decide the fate of their nation.

He and his servant took the lifter and reached the bridge, where all the officers repeated the ritual. Only Ciena moved the scene a little as she walked in front of him before saluting.

"Welcome back, sir." she said proudly.

"Excellent work in taking care of the ship, Commander." Iulius complimented, managing to ignore the nervousness that was weighting on his heart. "Now let's get to work."

"Sir, yes sir!" everybody yelled in chorus before rushing to their posts again.

Iulius walked between the two pits and reached the viewport. Emperor knew how much he had missed that view after more than two months on the surface of Lantillies. The planet that now was occupying the lower part of the window in front of him. On the sides, he could spot the escort frigates of the Admonitor and he knew that the other Star Destroyers and their own squads were waiting around the flagship. All of them had already reported in.

 The plans had been confirmed just a few rotations ago

The plans had been confirmed just a few rotations ago. Krybos and Bolo were waiting to mobilize the naval reinforcements. The transports with the millions of men waiting to launch the offensive were also waiting in their hidden bases.