Chapter 5: First Day at School

After packing her bags Rina went to her phone a little and went to bed early, praying for tomorrow to reach.

It was tomorrow and Zamora had made breakfast, Mari was already at the dining table when she came in already dressed for school.

"Look who's ready for school" Mari said with food in his mouth.

"That's the good morning you're gonna tell your elder sister?"

"Good morning Marina" he said

"I have told you not to call me by my full name"

"Not until you don't call me mine"

"I stopped a long time ago" Rina sat down collecting cereal and pouring it into her plate, then picked up the milk and poured it into the bowl.

"Says who?"

"Shut up your mouth, it stinks" Rina rolled her eyes and lowered her head down to her food.
....
....
....

"Here take this for now" Zamora gave Rina some money for school.

"This is for what ever you have to buy urgently, and this......" giving her another one.

"This is lunch money and transport fee"

"Thanks mom" she hugs Zamora.

"Alright get going, see you at two."

"Good bye, tell Mari he should behave while am gone."

"Alright, now go"

...
...
...

Rina reached the front gate of her new College.
Woah, the front view was really beautiful and big.

She wore her school bag and walked into the gate.
So many students filled the school, the school was so large. She said this to herself so many time.

Remembering the way to her class, she used the students elevator and went to the third floor.

Rina walked through the corridor and went to her class, there she met like 50 students interacting.
Some stood on their own pressing their phones, some in a group talking whatever she didn't know, some sat down on their phone, some sat on the desk discussing, while there she saw the only two people she knew Flora and Rider sitting on a desk.

"Hey" she said putting her bag on the floor and sitting beside Flora and across rider.

"Is this how the class is alway?" Rina asked

"No, it's just the first day that's why" rider said his eyes on his phone.

"Yeah he is right, the first day is always free actually, unless my dad decides to change everything" Flora said

"Your dad?"

"Of course, mr Parker, the principal"

"Hold on your dad is the principal?" Rina was shocked.

"You didn't know that?" Rider raised his head and looked at Rina.

"Of course I didn't" Rina said.

"Well now you know, hey can I get your number?"

"Of course, here" Rina collected her phone from her pocket and gave her.

After a little press and then, Flora returned it.

"I added you into our class group"

"Really?" Rina looked at her phone.

Class one bffs was the name of the group.

Rina raised an eyebrow.

"Bffs?" She chuckled.
....
....
....
....

"Alright class!! Tidy up!! We will have lessons today!" A man on a suit came in and said, making everyone arrange their seats and go to their positions.

Rina sat beside Flora and Rider behind Rina.

"Okay, I am seeing new faces right here so may all of you introduce yourselves, starting from pinkie over there" he pointed to a blonde wearing pink crop top and blue jeans.

She stood up and said " hi everyone I am Mimi Mansell, I am eighteen and I am from Florida" she sat down back and then the other girl beside her stood up.

"Hi I am Nita Hazard, I am Nineteen and from Florida too"

"Hi I am Gideon Calhoun, eighteen and from New York" the boy beside Nita stood up and said.

"Hi I am Flora Parker eighteen and from Florida" Flora sat down back and then Rina stood up and slowly said.

"Hi I am Rina Khan, I am eighteen and from Delhi, India"

All eyes were on her, as she said she's from India.

"Can you please tell us why you are in America?" A guy at the back mocked as everyone started laughing.

"Everyone be quiet! Fredrick meet me after school! Rina, you can have your seat" Mr mark instructed.

Rina quietly sat down and buried her head on her book.