Chapter 16

It was lunchtime and Flora had left Rina and left with Gg to the cafeteria.

Rina didn't have the appetite to eat anything at all after all she ate breakfast, her stomach kept on rumbling and worrying her. She sat at an empty table in the cafeteria on her phone.
She chatted with Marius for a while and got bored and went on downloading some musics, there is sure enough WiFi at school, she thought to herself.

"Since when did Rina Khan missed lunch and prefer to be on her phone?" Karl said before sitting down across her and placing his food on the table.

"Am not hungry" Rina said still on her phone.

"Oh okay, why don't you just have an Apple" Karl collected a red apple from his tray and pointed to her.

Rina looked at the Apple then at Karl before collecting it.

She dropped it on the table and went back to her phone stunning Karl a little.

"I gave you the apple to chew and swallow not for fancy" Karl reminded her.

"I know, and I just told you am not hungry" Rina smiled at him.

"I do not care whether you are hungry or not, you have to eat......"

"And how does that bother you?" Rina asked

That question, Karl couldn't answer, he even wondered how it bothered him but he couldn't answer.

"Tell me Karl, If I do not eat how does it bother you?"

"It does not bother me, am just being a good citizen alright? Caring for my fellow citizen, that's all" Karl bent his head down to eat his food.

"If that's the case then I will manage" Rina picked up the apple and took a juicy bite out of it, it was then she realized she was really hungry, it seems that just one bite of food can make you hungry when you haven't eaten.

She looked at the cook and saw that they have finished serving food, knowing that the cooks were arrogant she already knew that they wouldn't even give her any, they would be like:

"Am sorry little girl but you just saw us serving some food so why didn't you come earlier, are you blind or what? Or do you think cooking and serving lunch for you guys is a cheap thing?"

Rina quickly removed her mind from that and focused on her Apple, she then looked at Karl's plate and even got hungrier, it annoyed her how Karl ate the food bit by bit, she felt like snatching the plate and stuffing the whole thing in her mouth.

She didn't notice that she was mouth dropping when Karl looked at her.

"Is everything okay?" Karl asked her seeing the way she looked at his food.

"Em no no, go on" Rina immediately took another bite from the apple looking away to avoid embarrassment.

But to her surprise she heard Karl ask.

"Are you hungry?"

Yep that's the question she wanted to be asked right now, so she could get something to eat, but her lips surprising her immediately said no.

"No am not thank you" she regretted saying that.

"Look there isn't no need to pretend in front of me, we're friends right? So you can have my food" it was really rare for Karl to talk that way so it surprised Rina a little but what could she do? she can't reject his offer anyways.

"Thanks" Rina said feeling embarrassed, she brought out her hand to collect the plate when Karl looked at her wondering what she was doing.

"What're you doing?" He asked making her stop halfway.