Chapter 6 - Isaacs Offer

Pulling herself from her bed this morning was probably the hardest thing Adelina had done in a while. She remembered everything that had happened the night before. Her spilling the information to Scott and the others whilst drinking. The fight between Derek and Jake. And her embarrassing kiss that she shared with Derek. Not to mention the throbbing pain in her left arm from where she was scratched.

On a bench outside of the school, she sat there, heaving a frustrated sigh as she recalled her embarrassment. She hoped for nothing more than the world to swallow her up so she could forget her problems.

But this was short lived as two boys had suddenly and clumsily dropped down on either side of her. They leaned close to her as she glanced between them, realisation sinking in. "Nope. No. Nu-uh." Stating swiftly, she shook her head at them.

Both Scott and Stiles looked at her, their puppy eyes growing bigger and Adelina could feel herself about to give in to them. "No. I said you leave me alone if I tell you what I know, that was the deal." She reminded as they huffed.

"But come on. There's gotta be more that you know." Stiles breathed as she stood up from the two of them, grabbing her bag ready to walk away.

"Or you could help us?" At the sound of Scott's plea she looked at the two, just as both of them leaned too close to one another and their heads bumped with a thud.

A chuckle escaped her lips as she watched the two groan in pain whilst holding their foreheads. Before they could notice, she sighed and walked away from them, silently chuckling to herself.

Walking through the halls, she cringed as yet again the memory of last night surfaced. How could she have been so stupid to kiss Derek? How could she even let him in her apartment?

Her thoughts were interrupted as she aggressively swung open a door but stopped in shock when it hit someone who groaned at the impact.

Running behind the door, she noticed Isaac sat on the floor shaking his head as he adjusted his eyes. Realising that she had just hit him with the door, she swiftly crouched down ready to help him up. "Isaac, I'm so sorry! Here let me help you-" But the two had both leaned forward, causing their heads to collide.

They both jolted back at the impact, staring at one another whilst holding their foreheads. Remembering the same thing happening to Scott and Stiles only moments ago, Adelina couldn't stop the laugh that blurted out of her.

Standing to help her, Isaac too began laughing, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She laughed as she grabbed his outstretched hand and he pulled her too her feet.

"That was uh, a powerful way to open the door." He chuckled as she straightened out her maroon crop top.

Still laughing, she gently touched her forehead, "And that was one powerful headbut."

The two laughed together again. It felt nice, it felt like weeks since the last time she properly laughed. As they both calmed, Isaac scratched the back of his head, "Are you okay? You know, after last night?" He spoke softly, being careful not to upset her.

Appreciating his soft tone, she nodded whilst smiling, "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."
The silence grew as the two stood awkwardly nodding their heads whilst smiling.

Isaac then began, a smile on his face that he was trying to hide, "I was wondering if uh- you wanted to hang out? Today. But just as friends ya know I'm not trying to- to uh do anything. Just friends." When he finished, he slapped himself mentally for his awkwardness.

Her lips pursed together as she thought about the offer. She didn't have any plans and she was probably just gonna spend the day wallowing in self pity.