Chapter 14 - Recovery

It had been two days since the crash and Adelina still hadn't woken up. Melissa had a hard time convincing the five teenagers to go back home as they had school and couldn't afford to skip. Reluctantly, they all listened to her after coming to the conclusion that Adelina was okay. Derek offered to stay with her until she woke up, so that someone was always watching over her.

Sheriff Stilinski and Chris Argent had came over to visit her aswell, offering their sympathies for their children's friend. Scott and Stiles had bought her a large bouquet of different types of flowers and a get well soon card. Isaac visited twice a day, once before school and once after.

At the current moment, Derek was alone in the room with Adelina, she was still sleeping soundly. He found it difficult to keep his eyes off of her, he worried that if he looked away for too long then she would simply slip away from him. The list of the people he cared about growing shorter.

He sniffled from his leant back position in the chair. Isaac had left about an hour ago before he went to school. Derek hadn't slept much the last two days and the dark circles under his eyes were evident. His hair was a mess and his lips were dry and cracked.

A flicker from her eyelids made his head snap towards her. Then her eyes fluttered open before promptly closing. "Adelina." He quickly leaned forward on his chair as he thought that he had just imagined it. When she let out a soft groan and opened her eyes, he sighed in relief, realising that she was actually awake.

Her eyes drifted around the ceiling before her head turned and their eyes met. Her eyes were half open as she eyed the figure to her left. "You look like shit." Her voice a weak croak.

Shaking his head, Derek let out a soft chuckle before taking a deep breath, "Yeah you should see yourself." She hummed with a smile in response before turning to face forward again, a pained expression on her face.

Noticing this he quickly stood up, leaning his hands on the bed as he spoke with worry, "Hey, are you okay?"

"It hurts everywhere." At her words, he carefully placed his hand on her shoulder. As soon as he made contact, black veins began to form on his hand as they twisted and turned, travelling up his forearm until they disappeared. It felt like every ounce of pain had been sucked from her body. When her face finally relaxed signalling she wasn't in pain anymore, he slowly let go. She knew that werewolves could absorb others pain but she hadn't never seen it before. "Thankyou." She whispered softly as she smiled at him.

Her left hand raised weakly, "Well I would hold your hand but it seems I can't." Her amused voiced sounded as she gestured to the cast, "Guess it's a good thing I'm right handed."

The both of them chuckled at her comment. Her sense of humour was refreshing to him and he found himself grateful that she didn't seem distraught at her condition.

Leaning down to her, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "You scared the hell out of me." His voice was barely above a whisper as his forehead rested cautiously on hers.

"I'm sorry... what happened with the wendigo?" She managed to croak out. Derek sighed before sitting back into the chair, pulling it closer to the bed. As he spoke, she could notice the frustration in his voice, "It got away. As soon as the car crashed it took off into the woods. The Sheriff put out an APB and Argent has been trying to track it. But we haven't found it."

She smiled at his frustrated appearance, "It's okay. You'll find it." Derek nodded in response before a comfortable silence grew between them.

Adelina wasn't worried about the wendigo at all. She knew that Scott and his pack would find it and try to help it. After all, that's what they did. But as of right now, she was completely focused on the fatigued man infront of her.