Chapter 20 - Sweet and Sour

It had been a few days since Derek had been shot. Even though she knew that he had inhuman healing, thanks to being a werewolf and that his wounds had healed as if they never happened, she still found herself coddling him. After all he did almost die and that fact terrified her. Derek had now learnt exactly how Adelina felt when he smothered her after the car crash, frustrated.

Adelina walked into class gripping her book. It was chemistry with Mr Harris and she wanted nothing more than to run. Usually she would skip the class and find somewhere to draw, but today she had to attend because her attendance was dwindling.

Allison smiled at her as she entered the class. Smiling back, Adelina walked over to her and greeted her and Lydia, then she sat down next to Lydia. With a sour expression, Lydia turned to her, "Your ex boyfriend is an absolute treat." Her words were dripping with sarcasm.

"He didn't tell us anything and he was really rude. And now he glares at us whenever we walk past him." Allison retorted.

This caused Adelina to laugh, "I told you so. He's an arrogant bastard."

"That's one way to put it." Lydia scoffed before flicking through her textbook.

When Adelina noticed Mr Harris walking into the class, she groaned out loud. "That is how I feel when I have to look at all your incompetent faces, thankyou Miss Caddie." Harris had heard her groan and looked absolutely unimpressed. He was a teacher yet absolutely hated teaching, why couldn't he just quit?

Then he sat down at his desk, a scowl on his face as he spoke sounding uninterested, "We have a new student today. His name is Michael Jones and he is slightly more impressive than any of you."

After he said that, a boy walked into the classroom. He had short blonde hair, light blue eyes and an angular face. He was average height and wore a black jumper with black fitted jeans and black trainers. Adelina noticed all the stares that he was receiving from female class mates, particularly Lydia as she pursed her lips. "Hm, fresh meat." She said seductively, her eyes not leaving the man at the front of the class.

Michael began walking to a seat that was a few rows infront of the girls. Adelina rolled her eyes at Lydia before looking up. Her eyes accidentally met with Michael's and she noticed how he smirked when he looked her up and down. Then he sat down and glanced back at Adelina, the same smirk on his face.

She furrowed her brows as she looked down at her book. What the hell was that?

About 10 minutes into the lesson, Allison nudged Adelina's arm and leaned toward her, "He keeps staring at you." She whispered as she motioned in front of her. Following to where she motioned to, Adelina saw Michael staring at her. This time he smiled at her and she in turn gave him a small smile before he turned back around.

Sure enough, every time Adelina looked up she saw Michael glancing at her from over his shoulder. She had to admit, Michael was a good looking guy, but the way he kept staring at her made her uncomfortable. She hoped that he would instead look at Lydia who actually seemed interested in him, but he never did.

When the bell rang signalling the end of the day, Adelina couldn't be happier to escape the strange atmosphere. Her, Lydia and Allison all walked to the parking lot. She could see Derek standing beside his black camaro and she started smiling without realising it.

They were only a few steps away from Derek when a familiar figure approached them, causing them to stop in the tracks. Upon seeing Michael infront of them, Adelina silently cursed under her breath. "You three are in my chemistry class aren't you?" His voice was confident as he smiled, yet his eyes constantly flickered onto Adelina.

"Yes we are. I'm Lydia. And this is Allison and Adelina." Lydia introduced the two of them with a proud smile.

"Adelina." He echoed her name, his voice smooth as he stared at her with a smile.