Chapter 32 - The First Encounter

Hours later, the group is still sat in Leo Millers bedroom entertaining themselves with video games. They moved on from the MMORPG game and now were instead playing a online first person shooter. Adelina was laying on her stomach on the bed, her hands hanging off the bottom of the bed as her fingers eagerly worked the buttons of the white controller. Her sock covered feet were dancing in the air behind her in pure competitive excitement. Leo was sat on the floor at the foot of the bed, leaning his back against the white wood frame with his legs raised. His elbows were resting on his knees as he gripped the controller in his hands, fingers gldidng effortlessly across the buttons and joysticks.

Despite being her first time playing a game other than mobile, Adelina was having a lot of fun. Leo, obviously, had more experience and would win the matches or come top of the leaderboard with ease. But Adelina was thankful when she noticed him downplay his skills so that she wouldn't seem as much the new player as she was. Although she lost almost all of the rounds she played, her lips still curled into a wide toothy grin, as did Leo's as they enjoyed the gaming moment together.

The room would fill with laughter when one of them would die or Adelina would accidentally walk off the edge of the map. Even Derek found himself laughing, albeit it was really a slight chuckle. But mostly he found himself admiring the wide smiles of the beautiful woman and the young wolf. In that moment, they didn't look like two teenagers who had their whole lives turned upside down by the supernatural. In that moment, they just looked like two ordinary people who played a normal video game together and couldn't contain their childish excitement. If the two had any resemblance to one another, someone could think they were siblings. Despite only knowing each other for a few hours, they had an undeniable bond. Leo and Adelina were clearly closer than Leo and anyone else. Conversation flowed easy between them and they had instantly felt comfortable with one another.

If Leo didn't have a square, slightly offset jaw with strong features and instead shared the heart face shape with soft, delicate features that Adelina had, you really could consider them siblings. The only physical qualities they shared was their dark brown hair and blue eyes, though Adelinas were a cobalt blue whilst Leo's were an icy blue.

The sudden buzz of a phone followed by the blaring of music caught their attention. Stiles fumbled in his pocket, muttering a sorry as he grabbed his phone and raised it to his ear. Adelina and Leo turned their attention back to the screen, giggling and chuckling as they continued to play. But Scott and Derek listened to the phone call as they noticed the worried expression playing on Stiles' face.

Ending the call, Stiles reached over to Adelinas controller and pressed a button, pausing the game. The two groaned in annoyance and Leo flung his arms up, confused and frustrated that the game was interrupted.

"Hey! We were playing that!" Adelina huffed as she glared at Stiles.

"They found another body." Those four words and the serious expressions on Stiles and the werewolves faces immediately changed her demeanour. Her shoulders stiffed and her eyes shot wide open. Another one? Already? How many more people were going to die until all this was finally over? The frustration that she felt and was sure everyone else felt only grew as they were still no closer to figuring anything out.

Immediately she stood up, her voice slightly wavering as she spoke, "Then we have to go. We could find something."

"Let's go." Scott nodded and immediately they all started walking towards the front door, an urgent edge to their steps. Stiles opened the door first and quickly left, followed by Scott, then Derek. But as Adelina stood in the door way, she stopped.

Noticing that her footsteps weren't behind him, Derek turned to her. Worried by her tilted upward brows and her lip between her teeth, he jogged back up the porch steps and stopped infront of her, "What's wrong?"