Chapter 31 - Leo Miller

After Leo gave the group his address, they all headed to his house. Scott and Stiles drove in the jeep whilst Leo joined Derek and Adelina in the camaro. From what everyone saw, Leo was definitely the most comfortable with Adelina and Scott, he was still skeptical of the others.

During the car ride, Adelina would glance behind her to see Leo sitting nervously, bitting his thumb nails or wringing his hands to stop them from shaking. His eyes would dart around the car and the passing houses through the window but when they met hers, she noticed a certain wave of calmness that would wash over him.

After another 10 minutes, the two vehicles stopped at a small suburban bungalow on a quiet street. The exterior was well kept and looked perfectly clean. The front garden had perfectly cut grass with a pristine white fence surrounding it. It looked out of place compared to the other slightly run down houses on the street, making it stand out.

They all climbed out of their cars and followed Leo up to the porch. They noticed how he hesitated, his hand holding a set of keys hovering over the handle. Adelina furrowed her brows as he turned to face them, a nervous expression as his lip quivered, "Could you- could you stay?" To say they were surprised was an understatement. When Leo noticed the wide eyes on everyone's faces he quickly stumbled over his words, "I- I know that that is weird- I just um- well- I don't want to be alone..."

His eyes darted to the floor as he began to play with his fingers. Adelina couldn't help the smile that widened on her face, he was so adorable. "Ofcourse we'll stay." At her words, his head shot up and his icy orbs met hers. His lips twitched upwards excitedly and he tried to hide his smile as he opened the door and shifted inside. Everyone looked at Adelina questioningly but she shrugged them off and entered the house.

Following Leo, she was lead to a homely living room. It had white walls with a blue and creme theme to the room. The couch was a creme colour with fluffy blue cushions and blue sofa liners. There were two creme armchairs with the same blue cushions and a decently sized TV on a light wood stand. Connecting to the living room was an arch way that led to a kitchen. It had the same blue coloured cabinets with black marble counter tops. It was a very nice house, cosy and comfortable.

"Where are your parents?" Stiles asked as he closed the front door behind him.

Leo frowned but quickly covered it with a small smile. The action going unnoticed by everyone but Adelina. "My dad joined the army when I was five and didn't come back. My mom is on a business trip. She has lots of those." He admitted.

"So you're alone?" Adelina asked sympathetically.

"Most of the time, yes." He spoke quietly as he looked down at the floor and started playing with his thumbs again.

They all watched him, frowning slightly. He was used to being alone and he was only 15? Well that definitely needs to change.

"What kind of things do you like?" Adelina asked him with a smile, hoping to brighten the mood. Immediately he looked up at her, a sparkle in his blue orbs as a large grin played along his lips.

"I've got into this new MMORPG game recently and it's really good! I can show you, come on." The excitement on his face was contagious as he grabbed Adelinas hand before swiftly dropping it, a sorry expression on his face, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He mumbled nervously as he stared at his feet.

This kid was just so cute. "It's fine." She smiled reassuringly at him before linking his arm with hers, "Why don't you show me that game? I'd love to see it."

The happy spark returned to his eyes as he began dragging her to a door a few steps from the kitchen, causing her to chuckle. This new excitement was a welcoming sight compared to his previous frightened state.