Chapter 17 - A Little Dangerous

Adelina had been living at Derek's loft for almost four weeks now. They were together every second of the day due to the doctors recommending that she stay off school until she had fully healed. The small truce they silently agreed on for the first few days of her recovery had soon been broken as they returned to bickering almost every day. Adelina was getting frustrated at Derek who was smothering her and Derek was frustrated at Adelina who refused his help even when she needed it.

It first started when Derek grew tired of watching her struggle to open a bag of salted chips due to the cast on her left wrist. So he decided to open it himself without asking her. Being already frustrated that she struggled on her own, she took it out on him even though she appreciated it deep down.

Isaac had witnessed most of their bickering due to living with them. Sometimes it got so bad that he slept over at Scott's house to avoid their heated words.

Today, Scott, Isaac, Stiles and Chris Argent were in Derek's loft discussing something Argent had found in the woods. At the border of the forest, there was a recently abandoned building that was filled with scratch marks embedded in the concrete. They all believed that it was where the other werewolf pack had been staying before they moved to somewhere else. Currently, they were all gathered around a map trying to decipher any potential locations the pack could've moved to. They were also trying to figure out where the wendigos were hiding.

Suddenly, Derek and Adelina had begun bickering again because of something that the others couldn't quite understand. After a few minutes of back and forth, Adelina groaned dramatically before throwing her hands over her head, "God, you're so annoying!" She shouted before storming off up the spiral stair case.

"Yeah, be lucky you haven't met you!" Derek shouted back before running his hand through his hair.

The others stood watching wide eyed, still severely confused over what they had been arguing about in the first place. Isaac crossed his arms over his chest as he spoke, "I can't decide if they genuinely hate each other or are just sexually frustrated." Scott nodded, agreeing with him.

"Definitely frustrated." Stiles retorted as he tapped Isaacs shoulder. The conversation earned a glare from Derek who walked over to them, sighing before helping them work.

Lydia and Allison came over to pick Adelina up a few hours later. They were taking her to the hospital to have her cast taken off. Due to it only being a minor fracture, the doctors were sure that it would've healed by now. After that they planned to go to the mall to go shopping.

As Adelina was leaving with the two girls, their arms all linked, her eyed met with Derek's. Despite their constant bickering, this was the first time that they were going to be seperated in almost a month, and both of them felt a sadness because of it. Sure they argued sometimes, but for the most part they got along well and had really good chemistry. They enjoyed each others company and this separation was going to feel strange for both of them.

~

Derek and the boys hadn't had much luck. They found a few places where the other pack could be hiding but for the most part, they came up with dead ends. The whole time, he worried about Adelina. He knew that Lydia and Allison weren't incompetent but he still couldn't help but worry about her.

On the other hand, the three girls had an absolute blast. They had a small fashion show in the mall before getting manicures and face masks in a spa. The day was a real treat for the three of them. But at multiple times during the day, Adelina caught herself wondering what Derek was up to and grew excited to see him again.

Waving goodbye to Allison and Lydia, she thanked them for the fun day before turning into the loft. She was surprised to see Derek sat alone on the couch with his head tilted back. He looked absolutely defeated. Then her eyes glanced over the rather tall pile of maps, files and photos. She grimaced at the sight. No wonder he looked defeated.