Shaggy Rodgers

Shaggy is the most comical member of the gang who prefers to be eating rather than going on mysteries. He is cowardly and gets scared at the mention of monsters, and talks about his fear of monsters and love of food with Scooby, his best friend.

He holds a strong bond with Scooby, and he starts dating Velma he decides to wait until Scooby would be ready to hear the news. He could never find a proper to explain the situation to him and Scooby finds out the hard way when he catches them together at prom .

Scooby gets another unexpected shock when he catches them both kissing outside Shaggy's house. Scooby and Velma soon become options on who he wanted to be with more. He wasn't able to choose between the two until Scooby had gotten himself in trouble.
He breaks up with Velma.

Shaggy is still aware that he  has some feelings for Velma. Velma tells him she wants to stay friends, he becomes upset, but this doesn't last long he doesn't show romantic feelings for Velma after that, and the two are able to remain friends.

Scooby starts spending time with Nova, who he falls in love with, Shaggy feels upset and left out, the exact predicament that Scooby was in before when he and Velma were dating.

He is occasionally forced to do things he doesn't want to do and can be a bit of a pushover. These examples include going to the prom with Velma, dressing up as a girl or being bait.

My Opinion on Shaggy

I have always loved Shaggy as one of the more goofier characters of the gang.
I think that this series really explored a new opportunity for Shaggy and the example for this situation would be him being in love with someone and dating them.

This experience also showed me that Shaggy can be light hearted and soft around Velma.

The second example of this would be the episode where he is dumbfounded with love that he stares into Velma whilst she is in her science class and draws a love heart on the window.

This show also conviced me that Shaggy may have difficulty in making decisions for himself.

I also think that it was nice to his character develop a slight twist in the friendship between himself and Scooby which was interesting to watch.