Ricky Owens

Ricky Owens was one of the original members of the 1st generation of Mystery Incorporated that disappeared into the Crystal Cove Caves more than twenty years ago.

He arrives back in Crystal Cove under the new name of Mr E and had also built a dodgy corporation.

There are some similarities between Ricky and Shaggy and they both share dynamic connections with their pet mascots.

Ricky is the older counterpart of Shaggy in the new Mystery Incorporated.

We learn that Ricky had a relationship with Cassidy Williams. Cassidy used to be attracted to Ricky in the past and then happens to Shaggy who goes on to have a relationship with Velma that doesn't last long at all.

Ricky as a teen appeared to be accident prone and clumsy just like Shaggy.

His personality drastically changes once he turns into an adult he appears to be more bitter and pessimistic.

We learn that when Ricky was younger he rescued Pericles from a tree after he had crashed into it and broke his wing. This stopped the bird from flying which Ricky helps the bird get better and tries to get to fly again after his injury.

Ricky and the bird had made a great connection with each other until he had to let Pericles back into the wild again.
The bird then quickly comes back and they establish a strong friendship.

The connection between Ricky and Pericles becomes different after he returns back to Crystal Cove.

He and Professor Pericles begin to have a mixed friendship and Ricky ends up being blackmailed by Pericles towards the end of the show. Pericles turns out to be the more evil character between them. I think that Professor Pericles secretly and slowly took advantage of Ricky.

My Opinion on Ricky

The first point that I have to say about Ricky is that he was a character that I didn't like straight away, whenever he appeared in episodes he appears to act manipulative and always had a sinister feeling around him. This was my opinion of Ricky in Season 1.

I slowly changed my mind about Ricky in Season 2 when it started to slowly become more obvious than Professor Pericles is the biggest manipulator towards Ricky. He carried out this manipulation over the new Mystery Incorporated having found the pieces of the Planispheric Disk.

After the Evil Entity was destroyed,we see a completely different side to Ricky where he appears to be ambitious when he appears to own a business and is happy to own it and delighted to work alongside Cassidy.