Brad Chiles

Brad Chiles was the one of the members of the original Mystery Incorporated who vanished over twenty years ago in the caves of Crystal Cove.

He was also the leader of the 1st generation of Mystery Incorporated.

We learn throughout the show that Mr E had gotten Scooby and the gang to find some clues to solve the mystery of the group's disappearance.

He is married to Judy Reeves who was also a member of the original Mystery Incorporated.

They married and became the birth parents of Fred Jones JR who inevitably becomes the leader of the second generation of Mystery Incorporated.

We learn that himself and Judy made traps together and they also had their own television show and they also created an invention called the
Flautnower 8000.

During the show we see him show great signs of appreciation towards Judy when she volunteers a detail whenever he decides to speak.

However he doesn't become emotional about reuniting with his long lost son. He also shows that he becomes upset when Fred doesn't help from him or his wife.

Himself and Judy start teaming up with Mr E and Professor Pericles to get the pieces of the planispheric disk that the Mystery Incorporated kids had found.

He and Judy are looking at a treasure map when Cassidy pleaded with them to forget about the treasure and put their son first, but Brad shows us all his dark side by threatening Cassidy by saying that no-one would get hurt as long as she stayed out of their way.

After finding out about Brad and Judy's  true colors, Fred finally walked out on them and condemned his biological father as a criminal. Brad and Judy were technically the victims of the Evil Entity's corruption, Fred's love and concern for his parents ultimately went to the ex-mayor, Fred Jones, Sr., who kidnapped him as a baby.

After discovering Brad and Judy's true personalities Fred walked out on them,and condemned his biological father as a criminal.

Brad and Judy are technically the victims of the Evil Entity's corruption,
Fred's love and concern  ultimately extends itself to the ex-mayor, Fred Jones, Sr., who kidnapped him as a baby.

They start to feel a little bit ashamed of Fred's discovery of their treachery.

Brad had plastic surgery to look like Fred, this showed us as a audience that he knew nothing about Fred, strangely even more oblivious to Fred's love for traps. He spoke very formally whilst Fred actually speaks informally.

Post-Nibiru, Brad's personality instatnly becomes the opposite, this then shows us that he starts caring greatly for Fred and never once worked with a trap. He starts becoming even more compassionate as he helps Judy deliver babies and clearly enjoyed the job and helping his wife.

My Opinion on Brad

When I first watched this show I initially thought that he was going to be a regular father figure that cared about his son.

This was initially my first impression but I also could get a growing bad vibe about himself and Judy.

Their presence can be a little intimating despite looking like a normal married couple. As the old saying goes looks can be deceiving. This is certainly the case for Brad and Judy.

At the end of Season 1 I didn't understand why Fred Jones Sr stole his biological son when he was a baby but as the show went on I slowly started to understand why.

I also didn't realise how greedy and selfish that Brad and his wife were when it came to not caring about the gang or for the safety of their own son all because of the planispheric disk.
This is one example of them being selfish.

Another example of this would be seen in the episode where there is mutated cows that try to trample over their son and most shockingly trying to literally blow Fred up as well with a missile.

Brad and Judy are the example of both toxic and narcissistic parents.