CHAPTER TWO

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

(TWO YEARS AFTER THE DESTRUCTION OF RACCOON CITY, year 2000.)

"IT APPEARS THAT ALL OF YOUR T-VIRUS CELLS have died, as time has gone by. Fascinating. I've never seen like this anything happen. Yet the after effects of its symptoms remain. Sherry Birkin is one of the only people who have been known to be vaccinated of the G-virus."

"Does this mean we can stop these appointments?"

Courtney waved her hand. "Oh, no, no, they have lots of tests I still was ordered to do. It just means you're no longer able to spread around the virus, although we both might have figured that out long before this."

"Oh, okay," Disappointed, Seraphina stood up. It didn't matter if she had became immune to the virus or a one in a kind miracle. She no longer cared about whether she'd survive in the future or not. "I'll be on my way."

"Was his name Leon Kennedy?"

Whipping her head around suddenly, her aunt must have heard of their meeting and found out who was the other survivors were. Since that night, the nightmares that envisioned every demonic monstrosity she saw that time replayed in her mind every time she closed her eyes. People dying. Blood and the smell of death.

I want to forget.

I have to forget.

Seraphina's obvious surprise had opened her vulnerability. Courtney smirked slyly, her arms folded together in almost a teasing manner. A lot of time had passed. Why was she bringing him up now? She must not know the entirety of their history.

"Seems like I got it correct. You never told me how you got out of the city, you know. It remains a mystery on how you were barely hurt coming out of the city. I wonder why."

"What do you want?" Seraphina asked, frowning deeply. "Why do you want to know?"

"I just want to know. It's not like he was involved with my line of work. What was your relationship with him?"

Relationship...? Seraphina shook her head. Weird.

"Nothing. He's a good person. He just wanted to get me out of the city. Why do you ask?"

"I wanted to know, that's all."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

IN THE PRESENT, BLOOD RAINED DOWN, splattering the ground, walls and Seraphina's face. Once again, she had been saved by someone else's doing. A figure, who was dressed in a tan jacket and had dirty blonde hair that were a little long at the ends. She'd recognize him anywhere, even if it's been years. It hadn't been that long, but sure felt like it.