CHAPTER TWELVE

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

THE TWO PARTNERS were stuck in a terrible predicament. Either wait for help to come (highly unlikely, as Leon was far away trying to get Ashley) or try to get out themselves. It was the latter, as nothing good would come out of not doing anything.

For a while, Dean radioed in for help from Hunnigan or his other colleagues, but no one answered. Most of the sounds were pure static. Seraphina would yell for Leon's name and even Ashley's, hoping for the mere chance they'll hear them. No answer, of course.

Besides their caged walls was two locked doors. They were underground in some dungeon-like area, locked underneath a door that led upstairs. The place was dark, echoey and dim. Water dripped from the ceiling, a sticky humid air permeating the room.

Vowing to herself quietly, Seraphina knew that her feelings would get locked away if she just stayed the way she was. They had to try. Or else her admitting feelings of...whatever it is, love, hate or like. It would be futile and die along with her.

She had no idea what to do.

Seraphina stood up in the slim space, pounding harshly with her fists against the top of the roof. The roof reached slightly above her head, barely enough space. Her fists turn red and got irritated, but continued to knock.

"What are you doing?! You'll get the enemy straight back to us," Dean said as he tried to stand up but hit his head on roofing. Seeing that made her cover a muffled laugh. "Ow."

"We'll never get out of here just by relying on Leon, or the enemy. Let's try."

On the same beat, Dean nodded with a bit of assurance and began to search for any way out of there. He didn't have multiple jobs and titles for nothing—Dean Komatsu was an extremely talented, smart man. Picking up on her plan, he found a bit of light peeking through a crack.

Wind blew in from the opening, which was a good sign. The room wasn't entirely pitch black. On the other hand, Seraphina placed her radio on her hip and saw a much darker pathway that led underneath her feet.

Hidden under a very disguised trapdoor, Seraphina opened and pried it with her hands.

"Dean, I think I found a way out. What about you?"

"I'll figure it out. You go ahead, we'll only waste time waiting for each other. Keep the radio safe, alright?" Dean watched as Seraphina opened the secret passageway and nodded assuringly.

I believe he'll get out. He's too smart.

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈