CHAPTER ELEVEN

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

LUIS came out of nowhere and left without another word. He was definitely a person who had been smart with his instincts, as no ordinary man can walk through the cultist's attacks and come out unscathed. With no other choice but to move on, Leon gave her the signal to open the door into the next castle building.

Seraphina heard the cackling from far away, as a tiny man strolled up to the balcony. Judging by his size, you would think it was a child. But his face was wrinkled into a sickly gray tone, matching with creepy yellow eyes. Dressed in some century-old clothes, with two guards on each side.

"I was starting to wonder when you came upon this house..."

"Who are you?" Leon asked.

"Mi nombre es Ramon Salazar, the eighth castellan of this magnificent architecture. I have been honored with the prodigious power from the great Lord Saddler...I've been expecting you my brethrens."

"No thanks, bro."

Leon shook his head.

"My, my, we've got a feisty one. If you care for your own well-being...and your friend, I suggest you surrender and simply become our hostage. Or Mr. Scott, you can give us the girl because you're not worth a penny, I'm afraid. You can die, your friend can too if you like."

Seraphina very much wanted to kick Salazar in the shin, because that was the way she dealt with things—punch her anger away. Luckily for Salazar, he had the higher ground and was safe from harm.

"What are you talking about? What does your 'great' lord even want? Don't just leave us with riddles." Seraphina shouted to him.

Who even was this guy?

"Hm? Why, are my riddles not fun enough to solve?" Salazar raised his chin. "I can only tell you this. You are disposable to my lord."

Salazar walked away, laughing in his high-pitched, screechy tone. The small-sized man disappeared behind his balcony, leaving the trio to dwell in his words.

Disposable.

Are they keeping me alive just because I'm with Leon?

"I'm never turning into one of them. Never." Ashley frowned and shook her head, horrified at the thought.

"You got that right. We'll find a cure," Leon said as he turned to Seraphina. He watched her blank expression and fluttering eyelashes. Knowing she was going to overthink the villain's words. "Let's go."