CHAPTER SIX

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

TWO HEARTS who desired a fate they know they can't fulfill. Yet they still try desperately. That's all she was, a no good woman who was heading for her own tragic end. In Seraphina's silly little mind, she wanted to kiss Leon in their moment. Maybe that was decided from the day Leon rescued her—they were to be catastrophic.

Even as they passed through rickety houses, fighting multiple villagers, Seraphina was exceedingly embarrassed. So ashamed that she wanted to do something very immature and push Leon away. But what good does survival do if you use your personal feelings?

She's practically stuck with him for the entire mission.

The town and village was made up with odd structures and underground places built underneath. Laced with bear traps, which they luckily didn't miss and managed to disable. Bombs, bear traps, and bizzare puzzles...what next?

There was a tinge of poor work reconstructing these areas, suggesting the quick timing of this plague spreading over. The parasitic disease controlled them to create this wide tunnel of systems to follow the commands. These infected people did anything to follow their lord.

Water splashed against their legs, staining with bleeding red as they killed the remaining villagers standing guard around the area. An unpleasant smell, something particularly sticky stuck to the walls.

"I had enough of walking through sewers," Seraphina spoke, her voice echoing. Goddamn Raccoon City. Leon snickered and flicked a bit of the dirty water towards her in a playful manner. Some of it did splatter onto her pants, though.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?"

"Wasn't me."

She scoffed, easing her tension. "Haha, yeah right."

Times like this is where she forgets all about her grudges, guilt and shame. Very briefly, Seraphina smiled to herself and hoped Leon wouldn't see. Their tenderness could be spoken about another time...if it meant not breaking what was already there.

Climbing up from the underground sewer area, a wooden sign greeted them by a tiny, run down shed. Two boards nailed together to create an X and had skulls hanging off the sides. An ominous warning sign, meant to ward off brave visitors. Too late to turn back now. They're too far into this mess.

"Hey, I wanted to ask. What were you planning to do after meeting back up with Dean?"

Leon's question threw her off. Seraphina had totally forgotten about the smashed radio device and how Dean should be on his way to meet up. At that time, the danger seemed too imminent. Unsure about her decision, she had faith in him to know that they were in danger and can't meet up.

"Well, from my orders, Dean was supposed to assist you in combat. Not me. I only backed up with medical attention or to defend myself. Looks like the plans changed, until I see him again, I'm going to stick with you. When Dean comes back, I'll speak on what do to. I need his intel anyway."