CHAPTER FIVE

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

IN THE RIDGE between the brick wall, separating them from the gate towards the village flanked with men. They walked around slowly on guard, something about their movements was very zombie-like. Slow and sluggish. If they were zombies, sadly, they would be so much easier to deal with.

The two peered over the hole, carefully analyzing on what to do next. Leon who came prepared brought out his sniper rifle—aiming at their heads. A weapon he doesn't use often because it's so effective, so he uses it in times of danger and emergency. Not to mention, setting up the rifle took too much time.

"Watch my back."

Seraphina nodded and held her hand gun to her chest, scoping out the area beside the house. It seemed like they were moved again when she had lost consciousness. My jaw hurts... she wondered if Luis got the same treatment. Who cares about him now? He had ran away from her, even if she wanted to ask him something.

Instead of the village with the church where they were previously, they were near a cliff slide with bridges and buildings hanging on wooden planks. A fascinating sight of architectural achievement, if it weren't for the fact that all the villagers inside said village would kill them.

The sleek and sharp sound of a rifle going off made her jump. It was as if the sound cut through the air. Leon reloaded with each shot, his fingers switching out the bullet round with skilled precision. One shot to the head was enough to kill them or send them flying off the bridge. His training as an agent helped immensely, as seen by his perfect shots.

The scope helped him see closer to the enemies, zooming on the little details. If this village was made with everyone's own efforts, it sure was impressive. A little dangerous because of the creaky bridges and hanging off of a cliff, but still intriguing.

One by one, they fell.

After clearing out some of the villagers, Leon noticed how quiet it became beside the sound of the whistling wind. Seraphina was just right behind him moments ago, watching out for him. A man dressed in a dark cloak, hunched over and covering everything but revealing his eyes. Something about his eyes had a shiny glint, similar to the strange red eyes all the villagers had.

"Uh, who are you?" Seraphina spoke with uncertainty. A large beige brown backpack sat on his back. He wore a purple covering for his face and had something to hide underneath. Regardless of his face being covered, somehow you could tell the man had a smile on his face.

"I'm just a merchant doing business."

"Out of all the things we've seen so far, I don't think I'm surprised anymore," Leon said with a straight face, putting his guard down. This merchant could have attacked them but it's what he said—just a man doing business. "I think he's fine, Seraphina."