CHAPTER THIRTEEN

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈

"HOW MANY TIMES are we going to lose Ashley before we get out of here?" Seraphina gave up trying to fight her way out of the old castle. She had to be patient and figure out the extremely confusing, maybe century-old puzzles and then get out of the country. Not her forte.

"Hopefully the goddamn last time." Leon replied as they headed straight towards a tall tower, a turret past the main building of the castle. The radio beeped in, although surely it wasn't Hunnigan this time...

"I wonder if you can see me, Mr.Kennedy?"

"If you even scratch her, I'll break your bones." Leon spat angrily at Salazar's voice.

"First we shall see if you can even make it this far. I'll be waiting."

The radio got cut off before Leon could retort, making him click his tongue in annoyance. All Salazar was trying to do was frustrate and provoke them. It was working, though. As annoying as that ugly man was.

"She's made it this far, she'll be fine. I know she will," Seraphina tried to reassure him. His overwhelming sense of justice and protectiveness never faded. "I'm guessing the radio Dean fixed is hijacked too. Wait! Look!"

Pointing in the distance, the pair spotted a group of cloaked dark figures with weapons. With her hands tied behind her back, Ashley unwillingly walked and followed Salazar into the tower.

"Shit."

With giant scythes and black cloaks, the cultists very much looked like grim reapers. As they shouted, "¡Allí está!" and the creepy mumbling of, "Cógedlo, cógedlo, cógedlo..." they released an onslaught of cannons. Cannonballs with fire and fuses lit, sparks and explosions burned as the two narrowly missed their aim.

"Hey! Where's your partner? He's been a no-show!" Leon shouted the best he could over the noise of explosions and gunfire as they tried to hold off the crowd. "We could really use his help...!"

"Uh, he got captured you know. But Dean's been figuring a way to get out of this place and send a signal back. Let's hold it out until then!" Seraphina awkwardly explained with a raised voice and saw the cannons continuing to shoot. "Use your rifle. I'm going out there."

"Are you crazy?! What are you—"

Running as if her life wasn't on the line, she held her pistol and aimed for the cultists behind the cannon shooters as they had their attention on her. Flame covered cannonballs shot past, all trying to kill the woman running by in circles.