CHAPTER TEN

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

BEFORE Dean arrived at the point past the bridge, Hunnigan informed him of the point where the helicopter was supposed to land. He had been doing work by himself for a while, until he was told they had secured Ashley Graham. His focus was past the president's daughter, now instead on the Las Plagas.

The parasitic virus, disease, whatever it was... didn't spread by airborne or touch. So he figured he was safe for the time being. When the radio beeped in, Hunnigan's face popped up on screen.

"Hey, Dean. I was wondering if you had a spare radio. Seraphina hasn't been able to have access to you for a long time now."

He smiled. "Sorry. I don't. Just a battery."

"Alright. We can do nothing but wait till we get you guys back. Keep in contact with me and check in."

"Hunnigan? I have to ask you something but I don't know if you can disclose it..." Dean had a serious look on his face.

"Sure. Ask away."

"I wanted to ask about my partner, Seraphina. Can you tell me something about her? I wanted to know where she worked before joining, roughly six years ago."

Hunnigan sighed. "I can't divulge in gossip, so I'm going state the facts that I know are true. There's hardly any files that track records of six years ago. Seraphina said she wasn't working back then. Courtney just brought her cousin in because she had no income."

"So, she had no association with F.O.S or any other agencies until then?"

"No, I believe so. It does seem unusual, but Courtney's reputation is not unreliable."

Dean nodded his head to himself. "Got it. I just had questions..."

Clicking the radio off, Dean knew that he was lying.

And I'm also the one being lied to.

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

IN THE PRESENT, Seraphina saw Dean covered in bruises, a reddish and purple color all over his body. Some scratches and minor wounds appeared, but other than that, a gun was pointed at her chin. It took a moment for the two to process what was happening and not long before Leon pointed the gun at him.

"Stop! Both of you, put the gun down!"

Seraphina held her breath as the two placed their weapons down. Her heart felt like it stopped before beating again. It was hard to believe her eyes—Dean was alive and well, even if the Ganados were after his blood and lusting for his death.