CHAPTER SEVEN

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

CROWS CAWED and flew around the graveyard, their beady eyes dark as their midnight raven feathers. A haunting symbol of the death that lied underneath the dirt below the church. The church had a large bell on the top, where the ringing noise saved the two agents from getting hoarded by villagers coming at them.

Aside from the Ganados roaming and guarding the church with weapons and fire, the place was eerily quiet. Way too quiet, making Seraphina worry something bad had happened to Ashley Graham. Or why they hadn't done anything yet.

"Hunnigan, it's Leon. The doors locked. I can't get in." They pulled on the church doors only to find it locked. How lucky. This time, Leon called in first.

"Didn't they teach you how to pick locks at the academy?"

"There's some sort of indentation like something might fit inside," Leon replied with a faint laugh at Hunnigan's comment. There's many things they didn't teach him. I assume it's locked until we find it."

"Well, there's no use standing around. Leon, you have to find some way or something to get inside."

After clicking off the radio, the two spilt up to find the insignia and keys to get inside the church. It would prove to save more time in their dire mission. Leon searched behind the church and Seraphina went off to a bridge area that hung over a seaside cliff.

Created with loose wooden planks, one misstep would land her right into the crashing waves of the ocean. The gaps in the bridge displayed the frightening height and how far the drop would be from the ocean.

Don't fall...

Don't fall...

A sharp pain pierced her stomach from the inside, not physically but her body shook with fear as she stepped over the bridge. Each step sounded a squeaky, rigid noise and Seraphina's legs stiffened as she crossed over.

In a shed by the ocean cliff side, there was another note, the writing scribbles messy. There were way too many random notes lying around in this Spanish village, but nonetheless it read:

Closure of the church-

Regarding the three fugitives, the apprehension of Luis is our top priority; the American agent and the woman a distant second.

What Luis stole from us is far more important than the girl.

Unless we get it back, the girl will become useless to us. We must get it back to execute our plan in the end.

If it gets in the wrong hands, the world would become a totally different place than what Lord Saddler has envisioned.

At all costs, we mustn't let that happen.