Katakuri X OC

Ch.13

While preparing the supplies and loading a ship just barely big enough to fit Katakuri, I broke into a sweat from the blazing sun. Katakuri instructed the chess piece soldiers to protect the village while we're away.

As he walked toward me, my eyes squinted to see him, "I'm surprised you approve of me going? Am I too much for your subordinates to handle?"
Katakuri didn't take a glance in my direction.

As he boarded the ship, his weight made the boat rock violently. I yelled, "Do we really not have a bigger boat?"

Katakuri looked to say, "Our trip will be short."

The island was not far as we could see Igumok Island from the pier. It didn't take long to arrive. The trip would've been less awkward without the tension between us.

Drawing closer to the island's edge, Katakuri's eyes suddenly shot open. I also sensed the air become heavier. The edges of the island were surrounded by palm trees and the waterways leading to a center which possessed an ominous smoke-like cloud swirling toward the sky like a hurricane.

Katakuri chose to not follow the waterways and instead stopped the boat at the island's edge. No sound echoed from the trees, only a foreboding silence. I turned towards Katakuri, but before I could speak he had already jumped onto the white sand.

Suddenly, Katakuri's body collapsed to the floor, barely supporting himself and breaking into a cold sweat.

My heart was thumping out of my chest, what could make even Katakuri fall? I tried to coat myself in haki, however, it was blocked. I saw Katakuri quickly bring up his hand to protect himself. I couldn't even sense his devil fruit abilities.

The tingle in my ears heard the silence broken by the echo of a seaplane breaking the sound barrier. I rushed in front of Katakuri with arms extended outward to cover his body as much as possible. Barely getting to him, a shot of pain quickly rushed to my right shoulder. My scream shot out of me as my throat tried to close. I clenched my teeth as I felt the warm blood rushing to leave my body as it spurted out from my open wound.

A hand was suddenly wrapped around my waist, Katakuri ran hunkered toward the boat. Grabbing the side, he forcefully flipped it over. He tried to keep my body barely above the water so the salt wouldn't burn my wound. However, Katakuri began to quickly weaken as his knees were barely able to support us.

The arrow that shot me was the size of a vampire stake. My tears wouldn't stop and I couldn't bear to look anymore at the damage in my shoulder. Thankfully, the arrows were stopped by the boat's husk. However, neither Katakuri nor I didn't know when the berate of attacks would end.

Katakuri carefully reached for my shoulder, I yelled desperately, "DON'T TOUCH IT!" Katakuri glared. I insisted in anger, "The arrow is made of sea-stone. If you want to kill us now, be my guest."

Katakuri remained silent.

Even with the shooting pain in my shoulder and adrenaline pumping through my veins, I was surprised Katakuri didn't leave me to die on the sand. I don't know what's worse, dying in the arms of an enemy I finally made progress with or the regret of not fulfilling the promise to avenge my family and friends. I'm too exhausted to dwell further.

A throbbing headache began to overtake my body, the fatigue made my eyes heavy.
I was losing too much blood and my vision was becoming blurry.

I spoke with a meek tone, "You might get your wish after all."

Praying I wouldn't leave the world yet over a wound that shouldn't have been big enough to kill, everything turned black.