Katakuri x OC

Ch.8

As soon as Brulee and I jumped back into the mirror, to no surprise Katakuri was waiting for our return. Filled with rage he immediately charged at me, grabbing me by the throat as he forcefully pushed me against the wall. My head snapped back from the force.

Katakuri said in anger, "Did you think I'd let you get away from me a second time!"

Brulee immediately started tugging at Katakui's arm, "Stop it Big Brother! She didn't hurt me! Let her go right now!"

Katakuri looked toward Brulee in shock as he slowly loosened his grip, my body sliding to the floor. I struggled to regain my breathe.

Brulee helped me back to my feet. As I lightly touched my neck I felt a stinging pain. My head aching from the shock.

She asked, "Are you alright Iris?"

I grinned, "I'm ok, my injuries aren't too bad. Nothing I can't handle."

Brulee looked at Katakuri in anger and smacked him across the face.

She said sternly, "Big Brother, I thought you were better than this. How could you hurt your own family?!"

Katakuri was utterly dumbfounded by the situation.

He turned his head back toward Brulee, "Family? This woman is an outsider Brulee. She is no family of mine."

"Well she is now!" She pleaded, "Give her a chance Big Brother, you've only been violent towards Iris since you've met her. It's not fair to Iris!"

"Wow," I thought, "I would have never expected this at all from Brulee. To defend me she even hit her own Brother! I can't believe it. Hmph, I might as well take advantage of her. Let's once again bring on the water works."

I began to cry, a single tear dripping down my face for dramatic effect, I said, "You don't have to trouble yourself Brulee. If Katakuri really doesn't want me here then I'll figure something out. I don't want you two to fight over me anymore ," Sniffle, "I hate to see family fight amongst each other."

Brulee spoke, "Oh, poor Iris. Look what you've done Big Brother. Do you really think someone like her would want to hurt our family? Let yourself trust an outsider for once. Please?!"

Katakuri sighed in defeat, "Fine, I'll give her a chance. Just know I'm only doing this for you Brulee."

Brulee said smiling, "Thank you Big Brother!"

Katakuri slowly turned toward me. As he stood in front of me he said, "I apologize for my actions up till now. I'll do my best to get along with you from now on."

He extending his arm as a sign of a truce.

Wiping away the tears from my eyes I reached out to shake his hand.

I smiled, "All is forgiven Katakuri-san. I'm just happy we've finally cleared this misunderstanding since we'd gotten off on the wrong footing the first time we met."

As soon as we let go of each other's hands, Brulee said, "Since everything's ok now I'll report back to Mama that you two are getting along just fine. Oh and Big Brother, don't you have something else to say to Iris?"

Katakuri looked from Brulee back to me as he sighed, "Follow me and I'll lead you to the infirmary to patch up your injuries."

We all started walking back to the mirror that would transport us back to the real world. I was completely stunned by everything that'd just occured. I would have become friends with Brulee much sooner had I known it would have been this easy to gain Katakuri's trust. What a hassle this has all been, but I guess everything turned out well in the end. But now that I know Brulee's mirrors are connected somehow to the other islands, I wonder how else I can use her to my advantage. Plus, who knew Katakuri would succumb to his sister so easily, even going so far as to apologize to me! Oh my, I can't wait to see what happens next.