Katakuri x OC

Ch.7

Brulee and I landed on top of eachother. I slowly looked up to see we transported into a small room. Suddenly, I got a whiff of the aroma of peanuts that filled the air. Everything in the room appeared to be made of or shaped like peanuts. Looking down it appeared Brulee had passed out from the shock as her eyes had rolled to the back of her head. Drool dripping on the left side of her mouth.

I sighed, "Oh god. This is a problem. Now it really looks like I'm an enemy to the Big Mom pirates."

Slowly propping Brulee up on the wall, I began to try to wake her up.

Slightly shaking Brulee's shoulders I said, "Brulee. Bruuuleee. You got to wake up now."

Parting her eyes, Brulee started screaming and wailing again, "AAAAAHHHHH! I NEED YOUR HELP! WHERE ARE YOU BIG BROTHER?!"

I quickly used my hand to cover Brulee's mouth. I thought, "What if someone heard her screams! My cover would be blown and I'm sure Big Mom would come to kill me!"

I quickly said in an urgent tone, "Ssshhhhh! Stop screaming Brulee! I never planned to hurt you!"

Brulee quieted down, I slowly removed my hand.

Questionably Brulee asked, "So you weren't trying to kill me?"

I wish I could've said yes, but I lied and said, "Of course not Brulee! We're family now. I would NEVER hurt my family."

She said, "Then why did you take me with you through the mirror?!"

I responded, "I needed to talk to you in private about Katakuri-san."

"Big Brother?"

"Yes," in this moment I decided on a new plan to get Brulee on my side, "um, you obviously know Katakuri-san better than I do and I've wanted to ask you for advice on how I could get along with him. It seems I've given him a negative impression of me." I started bringing on the waterworks, needed to make my emotions for the "Oh So Perfect Katakuri" appear somewhat real.

Cupping my face in my hands, I cried, "I thought now that I'd helped save his town he'd trust me more! But it seems my efforts have been in vain."

Brulee was surprised by my reaction and I could see she was feeling bad for me.

She said, "It's hard for Big Brother to trust people sometimes. He's always trusted himself and family members, never outsiders. I know you want him to trust you, but I heard you broke out of your room?"

This was my final act, I rushed to cry into Brulee's lap, I wailed, "I didn't have a choice Brulee! Katakuri-san has refused to see me since I've been assigned to work with him, keeping me locked in my room for days in solitude. I didn't want to be caged anymore, can you understand my desperation Brulee?"

I looked up, my eyes filled with tears and my lips quivering, Brulee spoke, "Let me see what I can do Iris. It's clear to me now you truly want to help Big Brother and care for him deeply. Though I never thought Iris the Reaper could be such a crybaby."

I giggled brushing some of the tears away from my eyes, "I don't usually cry like this, maybe because I'm comfortable crying in front of you."

Brulee gently smiled, "By any chance do you have a crush on Big Brother?"

I blushed, "You could tell?!"

Brulee giggled, "You're like an open book."

Brulee got back up, pulling me up with her.

She said, "Now let's go back to see Big Brother."

I asked, "Are you sure everything is going to be ok?"

Brulee said enthusiastically, "Absolutely! We'll prove to Big Brother that he can trust you!"

I said, "Thanks Brulee."

As we slowly walked back to the mirror, I couldn't help but grin. This was a perfect hook, line, and sinker! Brulee is such a fool! She has no idea that she's now become a tool to be used to destroy everything she loves.  

Once we'd gotten back to the mirror, we jumped back in again.