xxix 😭

"WHAT did you just say?"
Changbin said as he slowly let go of the younger.

"I love you Changbin. I've loved for a long time. I admire how you're so caring, how you tend to baby me when I'm not feeling the best and it makes me feel safe, you make me feel safe. I can't bear to see you with another, it makes my blood boil and I desperately wished I would be the one always with you. Damn- I sound like a crazy psychopath don't I... when I'm nervous I ramble on and on. I'm just embarrassing myself..."

Changbin softly chuckled and he blushed when he met the eyes of the younger.
"So I'm assuming all of that rambling means that you do like me, as in like-like me in that way." Felix shyly nodded and he face planted into Changbin's pillow.

"Ugh! This is not how I wanted you to find out about this!" Felix whined. "So you were gonna tell me?" Felix sat up and shyly looked to the older.
"I mean- things never work out when you hold your feelings in. I learnt that from all the cliché rom-coms I've watched."

"You're cute when your flustered." Changbin cooed as he pinched Felix's cheeks.
"Is that what's seriously on your mind right now?! I just spilled my guts!"
"I'm sorry- you're just too adorable for my own good." Said Changbin as he admired the younger's looks. "But what about you... don't leave me hanging." Felix sighed and the older smiled.

"The song."
"What about the song?" Felix questioned.
"I wrote the song for you, not Hyunjin."

Felix felt a wave of shock and relief wash over him. But he still couldn't believe what he was hearing.
"I love you too Lee Felix."

"Are you okay Felix?" Changbin said worriedly.
"W-what? Oh sorry Bin." Felix stammered, snapping out of his fantasy. "You were kind of frozen for like 10 seconds, I was getting really scared. Anyways... you like me? As in that way? You really do?"
Chan wasn't lying to be make me feel better?

"You know what- just ignore it, what I said, it's cool, it's fine. Pretend it never happened."
"But you just s-"
"Please... for me..." Felix said teary-eyed. Before Changbin could retaliate, the younger had already walked out of the room.

Felix definitely liked him back, but he wanted him to forget, forget the confession, the shock, the feelings.

~

Changbin rested on his bed, shamefully whilst slowly ripping his sheet music. He felt awful, all he did was talk so why couldn't he have opened his damn mouth and told Felix the truth. He wanted to cry, but he hadn't for a long time, since he dropped his popsicle. But he remembered a time when he was 5 that he cried, when he cried for his mother. His mother, who had left him too soon.

The obnoxious doorbell of the dorm immediately snapped him out of his thoughts and he ran to go check who was the mysterious visiter. Changbin opened the door to see Chan, hands in his pockets, staring off to the side.
"Oh Chan-hyung, what's up?"
"I came to pick up Felix, we were gonna hang out."
Changbin looked to the side and he eyed Felix's bedroom door. For the past hours, the younger hadn't left his room.

"Felix is in his room right now." Changbin replied to the older. "Alright." Chan walked into the dorm after slipping his shoes off and he approached Felix's locked bedroom door.

"Lix?" Chan said as he gently knocked on the door. "W-what do you want?!" Felix cried along with a few sniffles. "Wait- are you crying?! Felix- please let me in!" Chan exclaimed as he tried to open the door, despite knowing it was still-locked. "I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Please... Lix..." Chan said as he desperately twisted the door knob repeatedly as if his hysterical attempts would magically open the door.
"Go home... I'm not in the mood to hang out or talk. If you want me to feel better, go away." Felix said firmly. Chan knew when to give up, but he wasn't going to leave Felix completely alone though. He turned around and sighed and he dug his feet in to the floor. "Changbin... what happened?" Chan looked up just to realise Changbin had left the dorm.

Did he have something to do with it?

~

Changbin needed space, time alone. He couldn't bother going to a bar to get flat out drunk so he decided to go to the little cafe near the dorm to get a drink to cheer him up. He had just turned the corner and entered the little cafe, despite how crazy the outside world was, the little cafe had always been a safe and quiet spot. He ordered an ice coffee and he took a little seat as he waited for his drink.

His mind went back to hearing Felix's cries and sniffles and how worried Chan looked. Changbin knew Chan liked Jeongin, he couldn't help but doubt. Chan was so protective and caring for Felix that it angered him. He didn't know what to think.
"Ah- you're such a drama llama!" A voice exclaimed.

Changbin immediately recognised the voice and he turned in his seat, hoping to not see the boy he knew the voice belonged to. He stood up from his seat and slowly walked towards the source of the voice. The table was slightly hidden from the rest of the cafe, in fact Changbin had never seen the table before from all his past visits.

"How could I not be?! My little sister is literally going to marry some random CEO's son!" He looked a little closer and his thoughts were correct. Seungmin was laughing along with another familiar face. Hyunjin.

The two were completely in sync and Changbin could tell the younger was extremely happy. Hyunjin was happy with Seungmin.

Eventually the laughter died and the two others had locked eyes. There was some sort of tension, a tension Changbin wouldn't see between those who claimed that they were 'just friends'. He watched as the two shared a gentle and sweet kiss, sealing the secret that they thought only they knew.

Hyunjin and Seungmin were together. They had lied.