xxxiii 🍽

THE two were sitting together at the dinner table. No words were exchanged but it wasn't in a bad way. They were sort of communicating without speaking. If Felix suddenly wanted more salt as if he asked, Changbin would offer him the salt shaker.

There were some other things that the two wanted to discuss such as Felix's proposition, their unofficial agreement, but the two still continued to enjoy their meals in silence, scared of what would happen if they dared to speak of said topics.

"So... I uh-"
"Yeah same..."
"Really?"
"What about-"
"Yup, I agree."
"Interesting..."
"That's why?"
"I don't know-"
"It makes sense."
"I guess..."
"Yup."
"Yup."

Changbin and Felix looked at each other with wide eyes and went back to their awkward dinner. The two softly chuckled to themselves at the fact the two had a whole conversation without even speaking proper sentences. They just happened to know what the other was going to say. Changbin washed the dishes for the two of them and joined Felix on the couch.

After staring at the TV for what seemed like hours, Felix finally spoke up.
"Hey Bin... I'm kinda cold... could you uh- cuddle me?" The younger asked nervously as he was unsure of how the older would respond, especially from the recent drama. Changbin grinned from ear to ear and he pulled the latter into a tight embrace. Felix snuggled into the older's chest and enjoyed the warmth radiating from Changbin.

"You're so warm Changbinnie." Felix said in his adorable voice before giggling. The older hummed in response and he held the younger even tighter. "You're such a great cuddler Lixie~" Changbin cooed. Felix felt his cheeks redden and he smiled. 'That boy is the death of me.' He thought.

The moment made Felix hope in Changbin skyrocket.

~

Jeongin and Chan were sitting together watching whatever random news report that was airing on the TV. Ever so often, they would glance at each other and shyly turn when they would lock eyes. This would go on for several hours.

"Channie-hyung..." Chan turned to face a frowning Jeongin. "What happened over at Felix's earlier? Like- I walked in and suddenly I was immediately ushered out. Did something bad happen?" Jeongin shakily asked.
"No of course not... it's not a problem for you to dwell on Innie..." Chan reached his hand to hold the younger's, but he flinched when Jeongin immediately slapped his hand away.

"NO! You're gonna tell me now! Right now..."
"Jeongin please-"
"SHUT UP! I'm not a baby, I don't need to be protected from every little thing. If something bad in this friend group is happening, I need to know because I want to help, aren't you all my friends?"

Chan sighed and thought to himself. He wanted to keep Jeongin away from every source of negativity and harm the world had to offer. He wanted to preserve the light and innocence the younger held, but the latter was right. He wasn't a baby and he deserved to be treated equal to the others. Chan had let his selfishness cloud his judgement, in turn he had hurt the boy he loved the most.

"I'm- I'm so sorry Jeongin... what happened has just shocked me so much that I just wanted you to... Jeongin... what happened back there... Felix has been having some mental issues and when Jisung and I found him, he had... he had... hurt himself."
Chan found that he choked on his own words and soon started to cry. Jeongin immediately jumped onto Chan and the two cried together. "It-it was so scary because I saw myself in Felix..." Chan said in between sobs.

"W-what are you talking about Chan, you're scaring me!" Jeongin exclaimed. Chan took a shaky hand from the younger and placed it on his thighs. Jeongin sobbed harder when he felt long thin cuts that were scattered across his thigh. "You did this to yourself too?!" Jeongin whimpered.
"I did... once... but I know Felix can get through it because I have too. That's because I have you Innie, I love you. I love you more than you could ever know."

Jeongin softly smiled and finally locked lips with the older. It wasn't the most ideal scenario, but the two didn't care. They both were receiving the touch they both had desired for so long. Jeongin desperately wanted to show how much he had loved Chan for all this time and so did the latter. "We'll help Felix get through this, I know we can." Chan whispered as the two had just pulled away. "And I'll help you too..." Jeongin replied. "You make me so happy..."

They pressed their foreheads together as if they were puzzle pieces that fit together. There were moments like these that made Chan forget about all of his problems, moments when he was with the boy he loved.

~

Seungmin was watching his boyfriend in absolute awe. The two were at a nearby park that they would often visit in their free time. Seungmin admired how the cool breeze made Hyunjin's hair effortlessly float, it made him look ethereal.

"Like what you see, baby?" Hyunjin asked.
"Of course I do." Seungmin giggled with his cheeks tinted with a blush.
"You're so cute, like a puppy." Hyunjin said as he squished Seungmin's cheeks.
"Aren't you two adorable~"

Their heads snapped to face a smirking Minho and Jisung.

"Fuck..." The two muttered under their breath as they scrambled away from each other.
"You guys are shit liars." Jisung scoffed.
"Well what would have you guys done if you were us?" Seungmin stammered.
"I would've just been honest with the group, no one would judge you guys. May I remind you that no one in our group is straight." Minho snapped.

"I'm not ready for the others to know yet, could you guys somehow keep it a secret?" Hyunjin begged. Jisung scratched his chin and immediately had a thought.

"As long as you guys help us with Changbin and Felix."