Chapter 2

A/N: warning for this chapter -  mention of rape (but no rape, no attempt, no implying)

The words he had spoken were ominous, of course, no matter what the man did, I feared it. He reminded me of a hyena. While his appearance was nowhere close to one of a hyena, except perhaps for the stripes in his hair, he was always laughing which was a trait many would associate with to hyenas. I was also aware that some of his late-night activities consisted of killing people which was another similarity to the animal. But now was not the time to think of that, not when his eyes glanced to my hips then back to my hands that were gripping close the collar of my bathrobe. Hating that look of his, I stepped back but he was quick to grab me by the waist and pull me closer—except this time it was not a rough hold, he was not as violent as he had been in the warehouse which confused me.

"Well, well, are you not gonna fight back?" He scoffed proudly, one hand lowering to my ass while the other found itself on my cheek. The former did not have time to reach its destination that I looked up at him and spat on his face before kneeing him in the crotch as I sprang back away from him while he contorted in pain. Even through the discomfort, I heard him chuckle darkly, his gaze stuck on the ground while he took a moment to breathe. "Don't ever put your fucking hands on me—you're a sociopath, manipulative and—crazy!" Those words said with confidence and frustration were true and yet he managed to turn it around into something he could use. "That's how you thrive in this business," He started, his steps silent on the rug on the parquet. "But if I can add to your funny little list," he stepped closer slowly and with a certain mischievousness to him.

Gesturing for me to approach, he put a hand behind his back and leaned in enough to get to my height. When I did not come closer right away, he rolled his eyes and sighed before straightening his back and crossing his arms over his chest, "I am not patient, so you better come now or-" He did not need to finish talking for me to walk up to him with only fear as my drive. When I stopped in front of him, he smiled sweetly and grabbed my chin gently, "Such a good girl, now let me tell you a little secret, yeah?" I did not nod, but with my eyes stuck on his, he knew he had my undivided attention. That turned his smile into a smirk. His lips brushed the shell of my ear when he leaned in and whispered, "Your little rebellious act is just a challenge to me, and frankly it's a turn on-" With his head so close, I had my mouth next to his ear and through gritted teeth I said, "You disgust me." I felt his breath caress my neck when he huffed a laugh before pulling back and looking down at me, visibly entertained.

"I am only agreeing to this because you are forcing me-"

"Forcing you? Doll, feel free to not do it, nothing is stopping you." He said mockingly as he slumped back on the couch, this time his legs spread wide as he let his head lean back. Huffing a laugh, I shook my head, "Should I add on the list how short your memory is? My life is on the line, you made that clear enough-" "Ah yes, that." The man was bored but he looked at me with a winning grin, "What if I asked you to kill someone, what would you do, then? Mh?"

"I will not-"

"It's you or the person I ask you to kill, you or them, it's quite simple." Even after the turn of events of tonight, I was enjoying my life. Dying was not on my to-do list, even if it meant someone else had to pay the price. I looked down at my hands when the thought crossed my mind. Why would I want someone else to die? There should be another way out, a way to save both of us in this stupid dilemma of his. So I asked, "Can we both-" "No! That's not fun, is it?" He laughed and locked his eyes on mine, I could not find the strength to look away and got lost in thoughts with my eyes on his.

What would I do? Is he asking me this for something to come? I don't know how to kill someone, but depending on the killing methods, it could be doable—what am I thinking, I never would have thought such a thing, why am I considering it now? If more thought was put in the situation he had offered, and I were to kill someone to save myself... I knew full well, from how out of his mind this man was, that it would not be the end of it. Killing one person was simply opening a Pandora's box, he would take it as the first step towards making a villain out of me. I was not a hero, but I was not a villain either... Killing for survival, to save one's life, that is allowed right? If it's kill or be killed then... "Maybe..." I whispered, but he did not hear.