Chapter 12

They say sleep is the best cure for many things. But it did not help much with my exhaustion, seeing how little I'd slept. When I woke up in the morning, the sun was already out—or at least the night was gone and a cold light shone right through the curtains. Even if it was still autumn, the sky was as white as a winter day and the weather felt like it too, freezing and draining. I snuggled back under the covers to enjoy the heat a little longer and closed my eyes again to fall back asleep, then it hit me. Everything that had happened last night came flashing back in my mind, the Halloween party, how drunk I was—that was hard to forget with the pounding in my head—Hanma's wound, and perhaps the worse, only morally, the little I cared upon remembering Shusuke's state.

Sitting up straight, I threw the blanket off my form and only saw a red stain by my side on the mattress, however the man responsible for it was nowhere to be seen. I had yet to decide if I was relieved or disappointed by his absence, but I was not revelling in waking up without him by my side. It did make me wonder where he had gone, but instead of wasting the few brain cells I had this early in the morning on him, I got out of bed and automatically went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I hadn't checked the time I had gone to sleep, nor the time that I woke up, so when I entered the bathroom and it was still steamy, I thought it was because of my late night bath and didn't think much of it. Half-dazed and relaxed from finally being alone after such a long and eventful night, it felt like my ears were still ringing from all the music and all the adrenaline that coursed through my body. My movements felt muddy and slowed as I put toothpaste on my toothbrush and sighed.

The sudden sound of the curtains of my bath drawing open, but not completely, scared me out of my skin, making me slam my hand on the sink in surprise. "Ah you woke up, it was a bit dull without you. Join me." Hanma patted the water making it splatter around a bit before placing his arm on the side of the bath and resting his head on his forearm. My eyes wandered to his muscles and his back for a mere moment, there were a lot of faint scars on the little skin I could see and I had a hard time knowing if I found it attractive or sad. "You're gawking," He started, giving me a lazy once over before meeting my gaze and smirking, "Let me gawk too, I didn't have enough time to take in the sight last night." He grinned before leaning his head back against the tub, his head dipping back slightly as he sighed happily, "But you took, you took so well—maybe not the sight, but my cock remembers your eagerness very well." His arms were both holding the side of the bath, drumming his fingers on it absentmindedly.

I remembered just as well as he did, the only vaguer moments were the ones in the alley and at the hospital, but it all cleared up when I saw Hanma's state. Nothing was forgotten from then on. "I don't remember." I said with a straight face before shoving my toothbrush in my mouth and brushing my teeth, turning around to meet my reflection. From the corner of my eyes, I could see the rose-colored water of the bath that was tainted by Hanma's blood; bathing after getting shot was probably a bad idea, but who was I to say anything? He was alive, that's what mattered. "Is that so?" I heard him ask daringly, maybe even trying to have me admit I did remember. All I gave him as an answer was a bored hum, I wanted to tell him to leave me alone, to go back to his place but now that I knew he was here, there was this electricity-like feeling coursing through my body.

Leaning over to get water in my mouth, I heard the water in the bath moving before dripping loudly as Hanma stepped out of it. I kept my head down longer while washing my mouth, then spat it out before straightening my back and letting out a swear under my breath when I saw Hanma's form standing right behind me, still undressed, still dripping wet, his hair let down just like that time I had visited his place. Inside, I scoffed, it was not much of a visit as much as it was a mistake, all I had seen was his cock, not his apartment.

Our gazes met in the mirror, his eyes glimmered with mischief while mine were apprehensive about what he had in mind; the smirk adorning his features was the only thing telling me he was feeling playful. I saw his right hand slither around my waist before feeling it, then my hips were pressed against his as his left hand was under my chin to hold my jaw tight, forcing me to look at our reflections. I hissed at the feeling of his wet body against my clothes, the fabric stuck to my skin in the most uncomfortable way. All I could do was try to pull away, but his hold was strong. "Look at you," He started, the hand around my waist slithering under my shirt, lifting it more and more as his smile grew. He pressed a soft kiss where my neck and shoulders met, "You sure you don't remember last night? Should I refresh your memory?" his breath tickled the shell of my ear as he whispered those words, hair rose down my neck. When I felt him reach my breast, I gripped his hand through my shirt and warned, "Shuji," His hand didn't move from its spot, but it squeezed. His lips had returned to my skin and I could feel his warm tongue caress it. I pulled his hand out of my shirt with a huff, "If you can talk shit and act like this, then get out. I don't want you here." I said as I turned around and pointed at the door.