Chapter 16: Descent

Liana walks to her desk at the Daily Planet and Chloe looks at her and says, "What's going on?" Liana looks at Chloe and says, "Someone at LuthorCorp just jumped out their office window

Liana walks to her desk at the Daily Planet and Chloe looks at her and says, "What's going on?" Liana looks at Chloe and says, "Someone at LuthorCorp just jumped out their office window. Rumor has it, it was Lionel Luthor." Liana then walks away. Later, Liana walks to the archive room of the Daily Planet where Jimmy is and says, "What is it with the Luthor's? I swear death follows that family around like a stray puppy. You know, I wanted to search LuthorCorp tonight for evidence that Lex had Patricia Swann killed. But you, no, genius that you are you wanted to stay here and search through meaningless memos in Lex's office. So, while we were over here at the Daily Planet photographing everything, but the bottled water the store of a lifetime was happening right across the street." Jimmy says, "Liana, just, take a look at the view. One of tonight's shots from Lex's office." Liana looks over Jimmy's shoulder at the computer screen to see a picture of her in Lex's office. Liana says, "Okay, what am I supposed to me looking at?" Jimmy says, "Lex's office looks out over LuthorCorp." Liana says, "And?" Jimmy sighs and zooms in on the computer and he says, "It's Lionel Luthor right before he died." Liana looks at the screen and says, "Whoa. No way. I can't believe you got this, Jimmy." Jimmy says, "Well, it's gonna get creepier. There's someone else in the room. Lionel Luthor might have been pushed." Liana says, "You think this blurry blob of pixels is the killer?" Jimmy says, "Trust me. This has Pulitzer written all over it." Liana smiles and says, "Yeah. What are you waiting for? Sharpen the shot." Jimmy says, "Well, i-it's not that easy. My computer's not powerful enough." Liana has a thinking face and says, "I know somewhere we can use a real computer to help us out." Jimmy says, "Where?" Liana says, "Isis Foundation." Jimmy says, "Nice. I can upload this bad boy to the foundation's server right now, and, you know, if we're on Lana's system we could probably use Chloe's mad skills with a CPU. Oh, that is, if we can pry her away from Clark." Liana says, "Chloe and I share the same DNA. Trust me, Jimmy, she is gonna wanna be in on this." The wait for Chloe and and she's taking a long time to come. Liana says, "What's taking her so long?" Jimmy says, "I don't know. I texted her and left three voicemail messages at the apartment." Liana says, "Why don't we just meet her there?" Jimmy says, "Alright." Liana nods and goes to open the door and sees a gun pointed at her face. Later, Gina takes them near the kitchen and Jimmy says, "Why are we outside of the kitchen? It's a little late for a snack, isn't it?" Liana says, "What does Lex want with us?" Jimmy's confused and says, "Lex?" Liana says, "She works for him." Gina says, "Mr. Luthor has nothing to do with this. I'm here about that photograph you took." Jimmy says, "Which photograph would that be? Because I take a whole lot of pictures." Gina says, "Lionel Luthor in his office before he killed himself. I want that photo destroyed. His death was tragic enough without it being sensationalized by the media." Liana says, "Oh, you could have said that before you broke out the heavy artillery." Jimmy says, "Yeah, as soon as we saw it, I immediately jumped on the delete button. This is all a big, big misunderstanding." Gina says, "You're lying. I deleted it. After I saw your text message I went into the mainframe and pulled it from your hard drive. But the transfer log shows you uploaded the file to a second server with a cloaked IP address. I wanna know where you sent it." As Liana goes to knock the gun out of Gina's hand, Gina shoots Liana and Liana groans. Gina says, "Tell me or she dies. Where's the server?" Jimmy gives in and says, "It's the Isis Foundation. It's 3rd and Broadway. It's a ten-minute drive." Gina forces them into the freezer, and she says, "I'll come back for you when I'm done." Gina closes the door and Jimmy says, "You're really bleeding, Liana." Jimmy lays Liana on the ground and as Jimmy goes to take off his jacket, Liana says, "Don't. You need it more than I do." Jimmy softly smiles and says, "I'll be okay. Don't worry, I'm gonna get us out of here. Jimmy bangs on the door and says, "Hey! Is anyone out there? Help! Can anyone hear me?" A while later, Jimmy has his eyes closed and is basically frozen. Clark's at the Daily Planet looking for Liana and Jimmy.  Clark uses his super hearing and hears Liana say, "Help! Anybody! Jimmy, you're gonna be okay." Clark then super speeds to where Liana and Jimmy are. Liana sees the door open and sees Clark. Clark rushes to Liana and sees she's been shot and softly says, "Liana." Liana says, "I'm okay, just warm up Jimmy. Clark uses his heat vision to warm up Jimmy and Liana continues to say, "Go, Jimmy will take me to the hospital." Clark nods and speeds out the room and Jimmy wakes up and takes Liana to the hospital.