Chapter 20: Artic

Liana is in the kitchen eating breakfast with Clark and she says, "How would you feel about working at the Daily Planet?" Clark looks at Liana and says, "I never really thought about it, but even if I did think about it, I'd never work for Lex

Liana is in the kitchen eating breakfast with Clark and she says, "How would you feel about working at the Daily Planet?" Clark looks at Liana and says, "I never really thought about it, but even if I did think about it, I'd never work for Lex." Liana sighs and says, "Well, if you ever change your mind. Here." Liana hands Clark an application for the Daily Planet and he sighs. Then Chloe walks through the door and Chloe says, "Hey, guys. So, a private jet just went down over Upstate New York. Three bodies were recovered, and one was identified as... Edward Teague." The three of them go to the Isis Foundation and Chloe's on the computer and says, "I had to use every skill in my hacking arsenal but once I found out about this plane crash, I made my way into the NTSB mainframe. Now, according to the flight plan they were on their way to Buenos Aires. They were only in the air for about an hour when something shot out of the cabin like a missile." Clark says, "What do you mean, 'shot out'?" Chloe says, "Well, the co-pilot went to the back to find out what was going on, and he was knocked unconscious." Liana says, "Do they have any idea what it was?" Chloe says, "No, they found the black box and I was able to download this audio." Chloe plays the audio, and they hear a male say, "Something's wrong. Felt like some sort of collision in the cabin. We're losing air pressure. I'm going back to take a look. What the hell are you doing? Ah!" Chloe stops the audio and says, "After that, it's all garbled. I tried running it through the filter about a dozen times, but I could only come up with noise." Clark says, "Play it again." Clark says, "Kara." Liana says, "Kara? What's she doing with Edward Teague?" Clark says, "I don't know. But I just heard her threaten to bring the plane down." Chloe says, "Well, we know how reckless she can be when she's angry. Maybe she found out that Teague was after you again." Clark says, "There must be some other explanation, Chloe. She's not a killer." Liana says, "Look, Clark... I'm a fan of Kara's as well but unless, you're hearing things it sounds like she caused that accident. Remember what you said when she first got here? Just about every Kryptonian you've ever met turned out to be a cold-blooded killer." Clark looks at Liana and says, "I know her. She's, my cousin. She's not a killer. I just need to find her. Is there any more audio?" Chloe says, "There's a little more noise." Chloe plays the audio and Liana looks at Clark's face and says, "What is it?" Clark says, "She's going after Lex." Later, Liana's at the Ace of Club's and Jimmy walks up to her and says, "Well, I know the "Daily Planet" is not half as hip but last I checked... your desk is still in the bullpen you know, across the street." Liana says, "Well, I doubt Lex would be thrilled if I spilled all his secrets in the same place, he signs my checks." Jimmy says, "Well, speaking of secrets... I found something out about those mystery expeditions he's been sending to the North Pole." Liana's curious and says, "What's the story?" Jimmy says, "Well, I'm sorry to say it. He's just scouting for new places to drill oil." Liana says, "What? Where did you find that out?" Jimmy says, "I... heard a reporter talk about it on the third floor." Liana says, "Who?" Jimmy says, "You know, I-I don't know. I, I just kind of overheard it. I mean, you've been up there. It's it's crowded. Okay... Would you just take a look? Surveyor photos of potential drilling sites." Liana looks at the photos and says, "How did Jimmy Olsen manage to score such top-secret stuff?" Jimmy says, "Lex was having them sorted and scanned on the photo lab. I... saw my opportunity and I took it. Just like you taught me." Liana softly smiles and says, "You got more game than I thought. Thanks." Liana then walks away. Later, Liana finds out that Brainiac is dead and goes to see Lana. Liana is on the phone with Chloe and says, "That's great news, Chloe, I'm glad you're okay. I will call you after I check on Lana." Liana hangs up and goes to Lana's room to find it empty. Liana hears a woman say, "Liana Lane?" Liana looks at the nurse and says, "What happened? Is she okay?" The nurse says, "Miss Lang had a full recovery. It's something of a miracle." Liana smiles and says, "Where is she? Can I see her?" The nurse says, "Oh, she's already checked out, but she wanted me to give you this." The nurse hands her a DVD. Liana goes to the Kent farm and plays the DVD on the TV. Lana's on the screen with tears in her eyes and says, "I was going to wait to talk to you in person. But I knew that if I looked into your eyes, I'd never be able to say it. Every bad thing I did was to protect you and although I need you. There's a whole lot of people who need you more. And as long as I'm in your life, I'm holding you back. Please, don't come after me. I love you, Lia." The video turns off and Liana has tears rolling down her cheeks and she sobs. Liana turns away from the TV and sees Clark. Clark walks to Liana and holds her in his arms, while she cries in his chest.