Chapter 18: Apocalypse

Liana walks up the stairs of the loft to see Clark

Liana walks up the stairs of the loft to see Clark. Liana softly says, "Hey, sorry I arrived late. What happened?" Clark says, "I got, I got another SOS from Kara." Liana says, "And?" Clark reads off the journal and says, "'Krypton will be destroyed any minute. Brainiac is getting closer. Please hurry. Your life depends on it."' Liana says, "So Brainiac used Kara to time-jump back to the day that the planet exploded. Which means that all he has to do is stop that ship that carried you as a baby from leaving Krypton, and--" Clark cuts her off and says, "You'd be standing alone... in an empty barn." Liana says, "Clark, if they made the quantum leap there must be a way you can too." Clark says, "Yeah. Kara mentioned the fortress has the ability to send me back. If I take the octagonal disc, there Jor-El can make it happen." Liana grabs the key and gives it to Clark and says, "Then why are you still here? I mean, you should be halfway by Krypton by now." Clark says, "I'm not going." Liana's confused and says, "But you have to stop Brainiac, or you'll fade away. I mean, this could happen at any moment." Clark walks down the stairs and says, "I understand that." Liana follows him and says, "Look what's at stake here. You don't have a choice." Clark says, "I do have a choice, Liana. And I'm making it right now. Ever since I arrived, all I brought is death and suffering. Meteor freaks, phantoms... Brainiac." Liana walks up to Clark and says, "Clark, you've done so much good. You can't blame yourself for all the bad in the world." Clark says, "It's not blame, Liana. I'm taking responsibility for all the lives that I've ruined. Including yours and Lana's. It's my fault your parents are dead, it's my fault Lana's in a catatonic state." Liana sighs and says, "This is not the time to be stubborn, okay? Don't do this. We need you. I need you." Clark says, "Liana, you'll be fine. Once I'm gone, you'll have no idea I was ever here." Liana has tears in her eyes and puts the key in his hand and says, "No, I'm not letting you off that easy. You're going back to Krypton now, before it's too late." Clark says, "This planet will be better off if I never existed." Then a bright light appears from the disc and Liana says, "Oh, my God, Clark." Then Clark vanishes. Clark then appears in the barn and yells, "Liana!" Then guy walks in and says, "What the hell are you doing on my property?" Clark looks at him and says, "What? Who are you?" The guy says, "I live here. I'm Clark Kent." Then Clark walks in the kitchen and sees a photo with his parents and the other Clark. The other Clark walks in and runs in and says, "Hey, what are you doing?" Clark says, "I'm not in this picture. You're their son." The other Clark says, "Yeah. And lucky for you, my dad didn't find you in the barn 'cause he'd be pulling out his 12-gauge right about now." Clark says, "He's alive?" Clark says, "Dad!" The other Clark says, "What?" Clark says, "Dad!" The other Clark says, "Dad? What's your problem? Look, nobody's home, alright? If you don't get out of my house, I'm calling the sheriff." Clark says, "I never made it to Earth. I don't exist here." The other Clark says, "Well, unfortunately, you do, and you still haven't told me why you're in my house." Clark says, "I'm not sure, if I didn't get on that ship then I shouldn't be here. But somehow, I am." The other Clark says, "The ship? Alright, look, just relax, okay? I'll get you some help." Clark says, "I need to talk to Jonathan and Martha." The other Clark says, "Well, that's gonna be hard 'cause they're on a cruise celebrating my dad's birthday. Look, anyways--" Clark cuts him off and says, "Liana Lang. Is Liana, okay?" The other Clark says, "I don't know who that is, but I'll call the sheriff and I'm sure he'll know what to do." Clark softly smiles and says, "No, it's alright. I just need to make sure all my friends are okay. I need to use your phone book." Later, Clark goes to find Chloe and sees her. The man next to Chloe says, "Oh, shoot, I'll be right back." Chloe chuckles and says, "Okay, I'll be waiting for you." Clark walks up to Chloe and says, "Chloe. Chloe Sullivan, Smallville High, class of '05?" Chloe's looking at Clark confused and says, "I'm sorry, my inner database is coming up empty. Do I know you?" Clark slowly walks up to Chloe and says, "Clark Kent? We went to high school together. You may not remember me; I was a bit of an outsider. Listen, I'm trying to find a mutual friend of ours. Liana Lang?" Chloe says, "Oh, the cheerleader? We didn't exactly swim in the same social pond. I mean, to be honest, her blip fell off my radar the day after graduation." Clark says, "But you were a reporter at "The Torch,", right? Maybe you can use some of your investigative magic help me track her down?" Chloe says, "I would love to, but we have somewhere we have to be." Clark says, "Oh, you-you and your boyfriend?" The guy walks behind Chloe with a smile and says, "Fiancée, actually. The wedding's on Sunday." Clark smiles and says, "Congratulations. That's great." The guy looks at Chloe and says, "So, you ready? Your dad just called. He's waiting at the tuxedo shop." Chloe smiles and says, "Okay. I'm sorry I couldn't help." Clark smiles and says, "It's okay." As the couple leave, Chloe looks at Clark and says, "I hope you find Liana." Clark says, "Chloe. I'm really happy for you." Chloe smiles and says, "Thanks."