~6~

"I just- I got to go," I say to the twins.

"No, stay, we can talk about it," George pleads, grabbing my arm.

"Let go of me!" I yell, catching the attention of some passerby.

"I'm sorry," George says softly.

"No, I- I'm sorry," I say, exiting.

I go to the astronomy tower. Somewhere where nobody will come looking for me. Somewhere where nobody will be. Nobody except...

"Taylor? Are you ok?" He asks. I wipe my tears and stare dully at Mattheo.

"No," I say, somewhat confidently.

"What happened?" He asks hesitantly.

"Cedric kissed Cho," I say, my facade fading.

"Oh," He replies timidly.

I begin to cry again. Cautiously, Mattheo walks up. I don't exactly know what he wants. But I know what I need.

I grab around his torso and hug him with all I've got. He doesn't lay a finger on me, he keeps his hands up and off of me until he doesn't. He hugs me back.

"He's an asshole. If he doesn't see how fucking amazing you are, he doesn't deserve you." He assures.

"You really think so?" I ask.

"I really think so," He confirms, "It is the night of the yule ball. Instead of a gorgeous girl in a gorgeous dress crying, you should be dancing."

Slow dancing music slowly enters the room. "How did you-?" I ask.

"It doesn't matter, Princess," He smiles, gently swaying with me.

I smile a little through tears. "See!" He yells, "that's the smile I love to see,"

I laugh a little at his sudden kindness. Mattheo Riddle. The boy who barely speaks to me, or in general, begins to dance. Full-on, jamming out right in front of me.

I break into a spurt of laughter and jump around with him. The curls in my hair bounce around as they undo and my makeup smears as I try to keep my mess of hair away from my eyes.

When the music stops, I do too. I catch my breath. And as my eyes open, I see Mattheo already looking at me. Both of our chests are rapidly rising and falling.

"Thank you, Riddle," I say, sitting against the cold brick wall

"For what?"

"Distracting me for a bit," I sigh.

"Oh, anytime." He says.

"You aren't as bad as everyone makes you out to be," I confess, looking into his brown eyes.

"I'm only mean to people I don't like," He smirks, breaking eye contact, "I don't like anyone."

"You don't seem to hate me," I point out.

"Yeah, I guess I don't." He says.

"Flattered." I joke.

"I'm sure you are, Princess," A sudden blush creeps onto my cheeks.

~~~

"No!" I scream as Mattheo tackles him to the ground.

"I'm only mean to people I don't like." Mattheo says, standing and wiping blood from his lip, "and I really don't like cheaters."

I look at him in disbelief, "are you ok?"

"Is he ok?" Cedric yells.

"Yes, you backstabbing dickhead! Theo, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He scoffs, pushing passed me and walking away.

I give Cedric a glare before following after Mattheo.

"What the fuck was that?" I yell.

"I didn't like him," He says nonchalantly.

"So you hit him?" I continue.

Mattheo spins back, grabbing my wrist, "yes, now stop following me."

"I'm not a toy like you think I am, Riddle. I don't have to do what you say!" I argue.

"It'd be a lot smarter if you did." He growls.

"Stop walking away!" I scream as he gets too far for me to catch up.

He stops dead in his tracks, turning and walking angrily to me. A fear builds up in my chest, but I try to stay strong.

"I loved him," I say.

Still saying nothing, Mattheo grabs my neck and pushes my back against the wall.

"Loved,"

~~~

Don't want it to get too smutty bc I'm not a smut writer, but I really like how quickly Mattheo became possessive and how he liked her beforehand. HDISWNWGWIWJ

Anyways, credit to Tabbykat_kitkat

Comment anymore ideas you have!