~12~

I sit up and look around, I'm still in my room, Mattheo passed out next to me as if nothing had happened. Was it all really just a dream?

"Theo," I whisper, shaking him awake.

"What? What happened?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

I look at the time 4am. "Nevermind." I assure, laying next to him, he wraps around my waist and with his other hand he holds mine.

I close my eyes and almost immediately fall asleep.

Mattheo's POV:

It's better not to tell her. I have to let her be happy and content for a little while. Cedric just died and she's not crying over everything and screaming at me every other second so I'm gonna let her be happy until I can't anymore and I have to tell her the truth.

"Nevermind," He smiles. I spoon her, holding her hand. She thinks it was a dream, good.

I play with her fingers as she sleeps. I hope she's in a good mood when she wakes up. A mood where she's not yelling and hitting me. I can't blame her, though. I'd hit me too. And it's never with the intent of injury. She doesn't hit anymore. I think she's genuinely trying to forgive me for my father's doing.

"Hey, Theo?" She asks randomly.

"Yes, Princess?" I reply.

"I had a dream." She announces.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah. And you said something in it." She agrees.

"What did I say?" I ask.

"I love you." My heart falls into my stomach. I gulp.

"Oh," I mutter.

"Do you think we'll ever be, just friends?" She asks.

I kiss her forehead, "probably not."

She turns, facing me, "good," she softly brings her lips to mine.

I grip onto her waist, pulling her closer. She tugs on my hair, causing my eyes to roll back.

"You have no idea the effect you have on me." I say.

"Oh, I know." She smirks, climbing on top of me.

We make brief eye contact before she roughly kisses me. I pull her hips onto mine. She whines into the kiss. Fucking hell, this girl is gonna be the death of me. Most likely literally.

I wonder if this is just her being depressed and using me to numb the pain, I just I don't care too much. Too much.

"You're distracted." She points out, pulling away and staring at me.

"What- no, I'm not," I say.

She climbs off of me, "it's fine if you don't want to kiss me."