V | Reunited | V

Y/n felt a breeze blow over her soft face. It was cold but also kind of refreshing.

The girl laid in her bed. Even though it was never really cold in the winter, it did start to get pretty chill and especially in the mornings. Later in the day, it would get warmer, but since it was pretty early, it was not yet. The girl had forgotten to close her windows as she went to sleep, normally she would keep her windows open, but now it started to get colder, it was important to actually close them. The girl could not really blame someone else except herself, as it was her fault. Luckily, the girl had a warm blanket wrapped around her, with another one on top of it, and was snuggled in it as if it was a cocoon. The girl laid all the way against the left side of her bed, about to fall over the edge, onto the floor.

'Knock knock'

"Y/n?" soft, careful knock and the sweet, caring voice were awfully familiar to the girl. She could recognize them anytime, but she just could not wrap her head around the fact that this was true.

The door slightly opened, and it indeed was not a dream. The person in front of the girl had light pink hair and clear pale blue-green-colored eyes. The little dress she was wearing was pink too and matched her hair perfectly, just like always. In her hands, she had light pink ball dahlias, like the ones she had given the girl when she was just a few days away.

"Niki!" The princess ran over to her maid, Tears fell down over her cheeks from happiness, and the blankets fell on the ground. When the girl reached the woman, she gave her a hug she had wanted to give her for so long. Even though it was 'just her maid' like her mother always said, whit Niki around Y/n felt safer. She could always go to her when she there was something and she could always ask her when she had no idea what to do anymore.

"Oh my god, Y/n. I honestly have missed you so incredibly much, without you it is so boring in the castle." The woman answered. Niki was trying to hold back her tears, but some had managed to roll down her cheeks.

The hug lasted for several minutes when they both let go.

"Wait, but why are you actually here?" The girl broke the pleasant silence that had grown between them. Her eyes were watery as she had not seen her best friend for so so long.

"Well, I am your maid again. This was panned since the accident, but there were a lot of things that delayed it." Niki explained to Y/n. The women's voice was soft and full of excitement to be with the princess again.

"Are you serious?" The girl just could not believe it. The only thing that was in her mind was 'how?'. 'How did she plan this?', 'How did she convince the Queen?', 'How did she not know about this?' and 'How was this even possible.'

"Dead serious, honey." They had let go of the embrace but found their way into their arms once again. Y/n held tight on their hug as she had longed for this moment for so awfully long. The crying did not stop either, every damn piece in her body was so relieved.

The maid and the princess let go after a while and finally stopped crying. They had chatted a little while walking downstairs, to find the Queen and her son in the living room chatting. Dream sat behind the grand piano but mainly talked instead of playing.

The girl never really went to the living room, as she was mainly in the dining room to eat, bedroom to sleep, and library to get through the day if she was not outside. However, it was a safe place and a room that felt safe, even though it was not that familiar. There were big windows on one of the sides, letting the sun in, and near that same side was the grand piano. There were two very big sofas, which faced the non-window side and had a cute little coffee table in front of it. Everything was coloured light olive-green and baby pink, which made the room give you a warm vibe and especially when the sun came to through the windows.