X | Cooled Down | X

Dream was sitting on his bed, cross-legged. The silence he sat in was loud, yet comfortable. Everything sounded just so unfair for him. He hated that Sapnap would now join them. It was not because he hated it if someone would stay here, just the fact that Sapnap was flirting with the girl. It felt like he was taking her from him, and of course, he knew that she was not exactly his, but it still bothered him.

His thoughts took over for a while just before he heard someone knock on his door. The noise cut his thoughts off, which was probably the best, because the more his thoughts wandered, the angrier he got.

"Mother, I really need some space." The man's voice was cold like ice, as he assumed it was his mother who was knocking. Even though he said she was not allowed to come in, he say the door opened slightly.

"Good thing I am not you mother." The girl was very nervous and was fidgeting with her nails. Her soft voice and sweet smile melted Dream instantly. He did not want to, but he just could not help it. Right before the man could speak up, the girl filled the air with her sweet voice.

"I just wanted to say that I am sorry. I feel like I am not in the right place to help decide whether someone can stay or not. I mean I came here too and I just-" The girl could not finish her sentence as Dream interrupted her.

"It's okay Y/n. I understand." The man maneuvered to the side of his bed, to make space for Y/n to sit. The princess understood what he meant and walked over to the bed. The girl struggled for a second because of her long dress but managed to sit down. She sighed before speaking up again.

"I am really sorry, I feel bad for you." The girl looked down at her lap.

"Don't be, Y/n. I completely overreacted and if someone should say sorry it is definitely me. I saw you flinching when I raise my voice and felt so bad, but I kept going. I don't know what got into my mind." Tears filled the princess' eyes. They betrayed her, as some rolled down over her cheeks. Y/n noticed and immediately pulled her into a hug. Her body was pressed tight to his', letting butterflies come alive in her stomach. This was everything she wanted. Dream.

He broke their embrace and the girl faced the man now, looking straight into his eyes. The green eyes that she always melted in when she saw them. She could just drain over and over again with just looking in them. Out of the blue, Dream pulled the girl into another hug. The man knew that if he didn't he would have kissed her and the last thing he wanted was kissing Y/n. Even though she would like him, his mother would be in his way.

"Why?" The girl asked against his neck, giving the male shivers through his whole body.

"Hm?" Not knowing what she meant

"What triggered you so much, that you got so angry." The girl knew he did not really like Sapnap but found him acting like that for only this reason unlikely.

"Hm, I don't know. Just some stress or so, and this was the last bit that triggered all of it I guess?" The man did not want to tell her what really was going on. Like, how would he even tell her that without revealing his feelings? Just saying, 'I get extremely jealous every time he you two talk' would literally sound ridiculous.

"I know something's up. You don't have to tell me though, just know you can whenever you are ready." The caring and sweet words combined with her soft voice, made him almost break. He could feel some tears coming but kept them in, so she would not see it.

"Thank you." Y/n had never heard his voice so small and soft like this. The man broke their hug, with instant regret, because of the cold air that touched his body.

"If you don't mind, I am going back to my room, because this dress is far from comfortable after a few hours." The girl told him and chuckled. The male nodded, so she stood up and walked over to his door.