our birthday

Keeda curled into her ball, a new shock collar was around her neck, it changed sizes with her form which sucked, but she can't get it off on her own. her tail flicked and curled around her.

"Keeda?" the next-door voice asked, concerned that she hasn't spoken since they put it on.

"what day is it?"

"I've been down here too long to know," he whispered putting his hand around the wall separating their cells, keeda grabbed it and held his hand for a while.

"I think it might be my birthday... Kipo and I never celebrated it apart." She looked up to see an open hole through the tree, a moon ray shone through giving the place an ethereal vibe.

"if that's so... I think there might be a way to get you out of here... but it's going to hurt.. a lot."

Keeda flicked her tail concerned, sensing the upcoming loss of her new friend. 

"Okay... I can't promise I'll let you go through."

He passed a similar outfit to Kipo's, an orange sweater and a white binder, some black leggings were found in Keeda's cell to complete the outfit.

"Now if you look through the back right of your ell there should be a door, it leads to mine and a second door behind it  leads outside."

Keeda followed the instructions, and hugged her friend before she left, his fluffy brown hair and beard was a comforting sight,

"now I can stop imagining what you look like, oh... how old are you?"

"Thousands of years old, Keeda, Thousands, a mistake I made cause the humans to go into burrows in the first place. so I'm spending my time well, now get out of here kid."

Keeda smiled, waved goodbye, and flipped her form to run as fast as possible, SHe eventually found herself in a place called 'parsec' and she rested her head to sleep, the collar still around her neck.