3.Bodily Oddities

(Y/n)'s pov
"Wrong!" Glynda said as I was knocked to the ground by the training bot.

"You're being too defensive, you're letting your opponent overwhelm you" she said "This time try to be more offensive" she activated the bot again and it spurred to life pulling two of the swords out it's shoulders

I let the bot make the first swing before teleporting behind it, I aimed for it's back but it spun around and blocked my strike before unleashing a wave of attacks that I was having a hard time keeping track of.
I blocked another attack and countered knocking it's left sword away.

With some confidence restored I swung at the other sword but overreached missing completely and before I could recover it grabbed me by my hair and pulled back "Ahhh!" I yelped in pain as it threw me to the floor, I recovered and grabbed my sword and jumped straight back in but I put too much weight into my attack and stumbled forward missing again.
The bot didn't give me any mercy and slashed me across the back and pulled on my hair AGAIN!
Before it did anything Glynda shut it off "I think that's enough for today (Y/n)" she said letting out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Miss Goodwitch"I said with my head bowed "I'm trying but.."

"It's alright I think that's enough for today, we'll continue tomorrow" she said with what I thought was disappointment.

----------

"Before we begin today I think we need to do something about that hair of yours" Glynda said calmly.

"My hair?! W-what's wrong w-with it?"

"It's too long. Do you remember yesterday when the training bot caught ahold of your hair?" I nodded still still feeling a phantom pain at the back of my head "It reminded me of what Qrow said about a grimm doing the same. So I'm going to have to cut it" she said pulling out a pair of scissors.

I jumped back and grabbed a big chunk of my hair between my hands "B-but I like my hair!"

"I understand that, but if I'm going to whip you into -"

"What?! I don't want to be whipped!"

I saw Glynda's expression slowly twist from her profesional stoic look to embarrassed as her face started to turn red with every growing second like something embarrassing had happened "Not like that! I would never do that!"

---A few painful minutes later---

"There, were done, what do you think?" Glynda asked me panning around me with a mirror so I could see the whole thing.

"It's nice!" I told her with a smile "You're really good with hair!"

"Well I was a hairdresser before I became a Huntress" she said proudly sweeping up the last of my hair and putting it in a black bag.

"Really?"

"Yes. Before I came to Beacon I wanted to be a hairdresser so I put in the work and I was good at it too"