𝟏𝟒 | 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 | 𝟐/𝟐

— 𝒮 —

𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊 on the door woke Spencer.

"Ow!"

"Wha—" His drowsiness immediately faded as his eyebrows furrowed, and he peered over the edge of his bed to see a disgruntled Charlie, who was now sitting up and rubbing her head. "Are you okay?"

She glanced up at him and nodded. "I'm fine."

A knock sounded again, much louder—whoever was behind the door was getting annoyed.

Hurriedly, Spencer threw off his blanket and went to the door, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes. He opened it to reveal Morgan, who rolled his eyes.

"Jeez, what took you so—Reid," his voice became impressed as he caught sight of Charlie, who was getting to her feet and dusting off her pants. His lips formed a smirk as he looked back to Spencer. "Did you two . . . ?"

"We—no!" Spencer said hushedly, shaking his head profusely as his cheeks warmed. "No, it's not what it looks like, Morgan, I swear!"

"Are you sure? 'Cause I think—"

"We were just talking, and she fell asleep!"

Morgan quirked an eyebrow. "Talking after having—"

"Morgan!" Spencer hissed, his eyes widening to plead with him. "What do you want?"

Morgan raised his hands and backed away, though his smirk remained prominent. "We're leaving in twenty minutes."

Spencer quickly shut the door and sighed. He turned around to see that Charlie was combing her hair with her fingers, and he called, "Your head okay?"

"Don't worry, I'm fine," she reassured him with a smile. "What did Derek say?"

He decided to leave out the fact that Morgan had thought that they had slept together. "Just said that we're leaving in twenty minutes."

"Okay." She nodded as she got up. "I better go and get ready then."

Spencer opened the door as she grabbed her coat, and stepped aside to give her space.

She paused before leaving, and her lips pressed into a small smile. "Sorry for falling asleep, by the way. I—obviously—didn't mean to."

"Don't worry, y-you can sleep in my bed anytime." Spencer winced at his words and chose not to say anything further.

Luckily, she only laughed and nodded. "See you in twenty minutes."

Once he had shut the door, he sat on the edge of the bed and clasped his hands together. He let out a long sigh, though his lips then formed a small smile. 

After Charlie had come into his room the night before, he had to make up some reason for liking the colour green—some drivel about growth and renewal.

Their back-and-forth questions continued after that. He was quite confident that she now knew the real Spencer Reid, and even more confident that he knew the real Charlie Jang.

She had fallen asleep around midnight. He had just asked her who her favourite musician was while fiddling with the hem of his shirt, and when she didn't answer, he had looked up to see her head buried in her arms, fast asleep on the hotel desk.

He hadn't had the heart to wake her up. So he gently picked her up and moved her to rest comfortably on his bed.

Admittedly, he watched her sleep for an embarrassing amount of time—'stalkerish' was the best word to describe it. But how could he resist? Seeing her adorable sleeping face as it scrunched up from time to time only made him think how lucky he would be to see that every morning.