𝟏𝟖 | 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃, 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃

—𝒞—

"𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 doing that. Absolutely not."

Charlie sighed, shaking her head as she looked into the pleading eyes of JJ. Accompanying that, were the grins of Emily and Garcia.

It had been a good day. A great day, actually. Not too much paperwork to do, no major case that would force them to stay awake all night, and she had made the best coffee of her life. But of course, there was always something to put a damper on the mood—specifically, a deep dive into Charlie's love life.

"Oh, come on, Charlie," JJ implored, putting her hands together. "It'd be fun!"

Charlie crinkled her nose. "How?"

JJ raised her eyebrows as she leaned against Emily's desk, which they were crowded around. "When's the last time you've gone on a date?"

"Definitely before she joined the team," Emily chimed in.

"Which was when?" JJ continued with a nod. "Almost a year ago! Too long!"

"Okay, no need to attack me like that!" Charlie exclaimed, raising her hands in defence. "I've been busy!"

"Yeah, busy," Garcia mockingly repeated. "Busy making googly eyes with nerd boy over there."

"I am not—"

"A blind date will do you no harm," JJ interrupted with a sigh. She put her hands on her hips, a sly smile now upon her face as she suggested, "In fact, it may bring you . . . love."

Garcia snorted. "Ya don't say."

"Shut up." JJ playfully smacked Garcia's arm before turning back to Charlie. "Anyway, c'mon, Charlie. If you're not gonna make a move on him, might as well move on!"

Charlie glanced over at Spencer, who was working at his desk. She frowned as she watched his face change into its adorable expression of concentration, with his eyebrows furrowed and lips formed into a slight pout.

As much as she wished she could make a move, there was too much on the line. And the worst part? How on Earth was she supposed to move on when she was with him twenty-four-seven?

It was almost strange how much Charlie liked him. She had never felt so strongly about someone who she wasn't even romantically involved with. Hell, she didn't even know if the feeling was mutual. All she knew, was that he was all she ever wanted.

But, unfortunately, she was pretty sure she couldn't have him.

"Hello?" called Garcia, waving a hand in front of Charlie's face. "Earth to Charlie."

Charlie gave a small shake of the head and resumed, "He and I are nothing."

"So what's the problem with going on a blind date, then?" asked Emily with a carefree shrug.

Charlie sighed as she sat on the edge of the desk. "The problem is I have no idea who this guy is!"

"I'll tell you!" JJ insisted. "His name is Jackson, he's six-foot, thirty-two, a lawyer, handsome . . ."

Garcia quirked an eyebrow. "Hubba-hubba."

Charlie gave a scoff of amusement as she turned towards her. "Why don't you go on a date with Jackson?"

"Hubba-hubba . . . for you."

Charlie rolled her eyes. "Oh, c'mon."

"Trust me, sweetheart," Garcia sighed, "I'm still a strong Chencer fan, but that ship seems to be stuck on shore."