𝟐𝟓 | 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄

— 𝒞 —
"𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑑𝑦, 𝑖𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑣𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑠, 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑔𝑢𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑣𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑢𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑘𝑠, 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑜𝑛, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑔𝑒?"
— 𝐸𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑚𝑢𝑠

"𝐁𝐎𝐎!"

"Jesus Christ!" exclaimed Charlie, nearly slapping the Frankenstein mask that had popped up in front of her. "Spencer!"

Spencer laughed as he took off his mask, his hair ruffling in the process. "Happy Halloween!"

"You nearly gave me a heart attack," she sighed as they entered the bullpen, holding her hand over her heart. "Nice mask, though."

He held up a plastic pumpkin that was hanging from his wrist, and it was then she noticed the monster-like gloves he was wearing and the paper bag that had hair coming out of it. "Want any candy?"

Considering that it was nearly nine AM, she shook her head. "I'm okay, thanks."

He shrugged before putting his mask back on and waddling over to Morgan. She watched with amusement as he crouched and growled, "I'm going to eat you!"

Morgan almost fell off his chair. "Reid!"

"Happy All Hallows' Eve, folks," Spencer announced as he got to his desk, lifting his mask and letting it sit on the back of his head like a hat. "To paraphrase from Celtic mythology, tomorrow night, all order is suspended, and the barriers between the natural and the supernatural are temporarily removed!" he spoke the last word in his—what Charlie could only assume—spooky voice, grabbing the hair from the bag and revealing a voodoo head.

"See, that right there is why Halloween creeps me out," Morgan replied.

Charlie raised her eyebrows as she put her bag away. "You're scared of Halloween?"

Morgan lifted a hand and glared at her. "I didn't say I was scared, I said I was creeped out. There's a difference there, Jang. You should look it up."

"What creeps you out about it?" asked Emily.

"I don't know, people wearing masks," he answered, rocking in his chair. "I don't like folks in disguises."

"That's the best thing about Halloween!" Spencer protested, his eyebrows furrowed, as he tossed a piece of candy onto Morgan's desk. "You can be anyone you want to be."

"No, I'm pretty good just being me."

Emily gave Charlie a look of amusement. "Yeah, why is it that neither of those points of view surprise me?"

"You know what, though?" Morgan quickly added. "On the flip side, it does provide a pretty good reason to cozy up with a scary flick and a little Halloween honey."

"Ew, Halloween honey?" Charlie repeated, sharing a look of disgust with Emily. "That's . . . Now I'm creeped out."

"Guys," Spencer suddenly whispered, his eyes wide, "he's here."

That could only mean one thing—their new SSA, David Rossi, had arrived.

Charlie looked behind her to see David Rossi being led by Strauss to Hotch's office. She turned back around, trying to look as busy as possible, and holding in her giggle as Spencer yanked his mask off.