𝟐𝟖 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍

— 𝒞 —

"𝐂'𝐌𝐎𝐍, 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋, 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋!"

Lounged on her sofa chair, Charlie'd been talking to JJ over the phone for the past hour. It started as a 'Just wanted to let you know, you left your folders in my office,' and then very quickly turned into a gossip session, which is basically how every conversation between them went.

They'd talked about random shit, though most of it was JJ begging for her to spill about her relationship with Spencer. Of course, when she found out they got together because of the blind date, she was extra cocky ("Ha! I get credit, after all!").

"Spill what exactly?" Charlie laughed, leaning her head back. "What do you wanna know?"

"Hm . . . What was your first date?"

"Chess park."

"What did I expect?" JJ scoffed. "Nerds."

Charlie rolled her eyes in amusement. "That good enough for you?"

"Of course not. Did anyone else know that you were together before you told us?"

"Nope."

"Interesting . . . Oh!" JJ suddenly exclaimed, causing Charlie to raise her eyebrows. "Oh my God, have you guys said 'I love you' yet?"

Charlie bit her lower lip. "Uh . . . no."

"Really? You've been dating for, what . . . four months now? I'd say it's about time, wouldn't you?"

"Yeah. Um . . . I don't know. I guess it's just been so busy . . ."

"Well, do you?"

"Do I what?"

"Love him?"

She sighed. With all the craziness that was their job lately, she hadn't had a lot of time to dedicate to her feelings.

Still, there was hardly a doubt in her mind about the answer to her question: 

She did. She did love him.

Everything he did made her fall for him further; the small grins he'd send to her at their desks, how he'd buy her a blueberry muffin in the morning because he said he remembered it was her favourite, the thought and care he put into their dates . . .

She had been in love before. Multiple times. But never like this.

She'd never had that explosion of warmth fill her entire body with just a simple glance, or nearly go into cardiac arrest just because of a caress on the arm. She'd never felt so at home looking into someone's eyes or feel such an overwhelming desire to see someone after only an hour apart.

If anything was love, it was this.

"Charlie?"

"I do," she breathed out, and, for some reason, relief settled in her chest. "Yeah, I love him."

JJ let out a squeal that caused Charlie to wince and pull the phone away a little. "You have to tell him!"

She frowned. "When?"

"I don't know, whenever it feels right."

"Yeah. Okay, yeah. I will." Charlie nodded, though now anxiety was starting to bubble at the bottom of her stomach. "Thanks."

"Leave it to JJ to solve things." She chuckled. "And you have to tell me everything after it happens, all right?"

Charlie rolled her eyes in amusement. If there was one thing JJ loved, it was gossip. "Yes, yes, of course."